Talk

Advanced search

Unusual Requests from Kiddies at Christmas!!

(3 Posts)
Pansy2013 Thu 21-Nov-13 22:22:26

Hi
Took my four year old daughter to visit Santa's grotto at our local garden centre (Blooms which is really nice). When Santa asked her "And what would you like for Christmas", she replied, (quite unexpectedly), "A Volcano"!
"A Real One?", Santa had asked in bewilderment.
"YES!", was my daughter's firm answer!
Now I know my daughter has taken a sudden interest in volcanoes; no idea where her fascination came from, as they are not learning about volcanoes in school, and as far as I know there is nothing on cbeebies about the subject?! She will stop me in the middle of something, cooking dinner etc, and ask me "Mummy, what is a volcano", and "Do we have a volcano on our planet (she means country)?" I had imagined she would have asked Santa for a train set, or Disney princess/Tinkerbell toys etc; the ones she always says "I want that , I want that", when the toy adverts come on the TV!.
Have any of your children ever asked for unusual Christmas presents?

Nanniejo Fri 22-Nov-13 13:35:01

Can't think of any, but that is really cute! You must have a geologist in the making?! wink

fcknits Sat 23-Nov-13 19:52:27

At least you know what to get her for Christmas! lol

Model volcano, lava lamp volcano, DIY or packaged kit for a volcano experiment i.e. the baking soda and vinegar reaction. And so on. Should be super fun. smile x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »