Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Single Parents (and all parents)-I need your help.

(3 Posts)
Sian13 Wed 22-May-13 11:21:19

I am a daughter of a single parent; my Dad raised me and my sister from the ages of 15 and 9 when my Mum passed away almost 10 years ago.

Recently I have been thinking about doing something in celebration and admiration for all those people who do the best for their children as a single unit.

And for me and my sister it has always been on Mother's Day that we doubly praise our Dad, we call it a Double Day.

This has got me thinking about starting two different celebrations on Mother's Day and Father's Day and it would be great to get your thoughts, feedback and suggestions on the following names:

March 30th 2014 (mother's day)
Would be for a single parent (who is a dad):

-Double Dad's day (allot of people have said this sounds like being raised by two dads, which isn't the primary aim-what do you think?)

or

Fantastic Father's Day
Awesome Dad's Day
Extraordinary Dad's Day

June 15th 2014 (father's day)
Would be for a single parent (who is a mother):

Mega Mum's Day
Magnificent Mum's Day

What do you think? I would really love to hear your thoughts on names and the idea too.

Lehman Wed 22-May-13 13:05:55

Hello, it sounds like your dad did a fantastic job of raising such a thoughtful person! I'm not very creative so I'm not sure I can help but it's refreshing to hear a very positive single parent comment when all you hear in the media is so negative. Good luck

Sian13 Wed 22-May-13 14:49:55

@Lehman thanks for your comment.
Really encouraging.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now