Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Ad-sense in Blogger - is it worth it?

(3 Posts)
doradoo Wed 22-May-13 08:17:24

Just curious really to see what sort of 'income' you can get from adding ads to your blog.

At the moment I don't have any - and tbh my blog traffic is probably not high enough to warrant it - but was wondering if it is effectively 'easy money' or if it's just a few quid here and there so of no real monetary value especially given the addition of third party ads to my blog......

Hmmm decisions, decisions.

So have you signed up - and is it worth it?

Emma's Expat Adventures

KateDavis Wed 22-May-13 23:19:29

I think I've had adsense on my site for 4 years (it is self hosted wordpress) and I've had two payments from Google so I guess ~£100-120. It isn't much over the time frame, but helps towards my domain name and hosting costs.

Obviously the more traffic you get, the more appealing your site is to advertisers so the payments are likely to increase.

zanuda Sat 25-May-13 18:57:54

It depends on how you look at it. It's nice perk for something you do anyway. But if you really think about income like results - it's another story. You will have to work on increasing your traffic and to write about something popular rather then what you like... And google-ads is not the best pay-off anyway.

Anyway you could try. Everything depends on click rate. It's somewhere in the range 0.1-5% and payment something like £0.1-2. I.e. you will have 1 click for 100-200 visitors, price determined by Google. Look at your traffic and see if you want to do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now