Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Help please - confused by WordPress...

(6 Posts)
ojbsmum Sat 11-May-13 21:38:26

I have a fairly new blog, only 7 posts so far.
My home page is my latest post, but then as you scroll down you scroll through them all.
So on my stats I see one visitor but have no idea if they've stopped at the first post or read all of it or what.
Is there a way I can separate the posts so, hopefully, people will click to read them (and I can make more sense of the stats) or os that something that happens automatically when I've written more?
I've looked and can't figure it out.
But then there's a lot I've not figured out yet. (Still struggling to get text next to pictures too but think I'm getting there with that one!)
I'd really appreciate any pointers, O wise Mumsnet bloggers!
www.babiesbooksandblackboards.com

Tee2072 Sat 11-May-13 21:48:51

Well, with only 7 posts you're not going to see much more than front page clicks. grin

There are plug ins you can get that will create a synopsis of the post with a link to the actual post. Search the plug in directory for synopsis or link creator, you might find something.

Also, install JetPack, which is also a plug in, and you will get some better stats. It imitates (sort of) wordpress.com stats.

KateDavis Mon 13-May-13 11:30:59

I use self hosted wordpress and I think you are wordpress.com so I may not be much help, because I don't know if there are the same plugins but hopefully there will be something relevant.

There are plugins to create a excerpt of your post on the index page, however you should also be able to do this manually by inserting a MORE tag. In mine there is a button on the toolbar.

I've also got a plugin called click tracker than shows me a map of where people are clicking on a page. It is interesting, but not very useful at the moment as most my clicks are the scroll bars!

Good luck with your blog.

TiggyD Sun 19-May-13 12:40:44

I had a look at Wordpress. I went with Blogger and I'm much happier. It seem much easier to use.

WeightWars Tue 21-May-13 11:30:28

If you click on the little bar of your hits it will tell you which pages they've looked at.

If it says home page it means they've looked at your front page with all your blogs, if it tells you a specific blog then thats the blog post they've looked at.

zanuda Sat 25-May-13 20:04:11

It should be a way to show only exerpts on the front page (better for SEO anyway). And it should be way to add some counter which will show you more statistics. Google analytics is good for that point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now