Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

How do I blog?

(6 Posts)
AtYourCervix Wed 17-Apr-13 07:28:10

No idea where to start. I've never even kept a diary.

Is there an idiots guide?

wine

Craftsonsea Wed 17-Apr-13 21:31:55

Ahem, well my idiots guide is go to blogger or wordpress and just start! Worry about the rest of it later!! I think MN have a more sensible guide in their proper bloggers network bit? Oh, and enjoy it smile

Tee2072 Thu 18-Apr-13 15:50:41

Tee's Super Simple Instructions On How To Blog:

Go to Wordpress.com.
Register.
Start writing.

Congratulations, you have a blog!

PyjamaDramaAmy Thu 18-Apr-13 21:12:31

Think about what you want to blog about. Sounds obvious - that's because it is. So many blogs have three posts.
1Jan12 So this is my new blog! Keep checking back!
8Jan12 Had a great day. The sun came out!
9Aug12 Oops, it's been a while....
Then nothing.

I've rejuvinated my blog by finding a list of 'advice to live life from a 90 year old' which I'm working through. I publish a blog post every Saturday. Occasionally I miss a week, some weeks I'll do two. But it gives me a focus.
Have a look at www.awakey.com - it's nothing groundbreaking, but it satisfies my need to write.

What blogs do you watch? What blogs made you want to blog?

fcknits Thu 18-Apr-13 21:32:55

Pick a topic - something that you really like and can talk about, for aaages. What gets you going? What do you chat about with your mates / girlfriends / bestie?

Blogs aren't static. You need to keep posting on a regular basis. If you love... Idk, scuba diving but can only write one or two posts about it then your blog will tank. If you adore, say, baking cupcakes and can blog about it every week then your blog will be fab. ;)

I blog about knitting and crochet, on one blog, and webdev, on another blog. They are my hobbies and I love them. What do you love? :D

landofmakebelieve Fri 19-Apr-13 12:11:12

What tee said! grin

Go to wordpress.
Register
start writing.

You're done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now