Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

How do you fit blogging in?

(7 Posts)
JessMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 09-Apr-13 10:52:37

This week's #pbloggers chat asked - how do you fit blogging around everything else? There were plenty of interesting responses which you can check out here.

And how about you? - Is it all about finding some quiet time away from family, or squeezing bits of writing into the daily routine? Continue the discussion on this thread, and be sure to link up any blog posts on the topic.

If you don't already know, the recently-formed #pbloggers get together on Sundays at 9pm to chat about the who, what, where and why of blogging. Pop over to their website for more info about the weekly Twitter parties, and keep an eye out for this Sunday's theme.

BrainSurgeon Tue 09-Apr-13 11:02:34

Thanks Jess

I am toying with the idea of starting a blog myself but I know almost nothing about it. These links sound very useful - if I can find the time to read them grin

Scarfmum Tue 09-Apr-13 18:49:41

I do it mostly when the baby is sleeping and when my husband is here to keep an eye on him. I also keep a notebook for recording any ideas that might come to me during the day!!

MamaMummyMum Thu 11-Apr-13 13:06:00

I tend to write my blog posts first thing in the morning when hubby heads out to work and the kids are still in bed.
I then just fit it in as and when there are free moments in during the day.

fuzzypicklehead Fri 12-Apr-13 06:30:09

I tend to blog either when something really cool/pretty has happened for my project or when I have some burning idea that I need to get off my chest. I save any ideas as draft posts so they aren't forgotten, maybe write out a rough outline of what I'm thinking... and then go about my day.

A lot of my blog posts are composed in my head when I'm driving, folding laundry or tidying up the house. (actually, that's probably my best motivator to clean--I get my best writing done while I'm scrubbing).

Then the actual post is typed out and photos added whenever I have downtime.

CircusQueen Mon 15-Apr-13 11:32:47

I write most of my posts in bed on my phone after toddler and husband are asleep. That way I don't feel like my blog time is cutting into anybody else's time...though it's not great for my own sleep!

Gusthetheatrecat Mon 15-Apr-13 22:24:17

I do it all bit by bit, which helps (although, in common with everyone else, I don't blog nearly as much as I'd like to!)
I write about improving the house, so I fit the (tiny) bits of improvement I manage in here, there and everywhere. Then I take pictures in natural light during the day in any moment when the girls are quiet. Then I normally write my post in the evening sometime later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now