Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Help! My real name is showing when I google my blog

(7 Posts)
MrsJohnDeere Mon 25-Mar-13 17:00:54

I've started blogging under a pseudonym about a rare medical condition I have. When I google that condition my blog comes up - so far so good - but with my real name underneath.

I don't really understand why. I'm using blogger and the default email address is one I use for a fake FB account not my real email address (that does have my name).

WannaBeANinja Mon 25-Mar-13 22:06:48

I have no idea as im not that good with computers, didn't want you to go unanswered. I'll try though smile

Does your name come up as the author of the blog?
have you commented or wrote anything on it using your real name?

if you want I'll have a look and see If I can see it aswell? or if just you can I can think of no reason this would happen but I'm trying to help smile

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 25-Mar-13 22:10:10

What is your name set to in your profile in blogger?

nannynick Mon 25-Mar-13 22:11:30

If you go to your blog, then view the source (using your browser) can you find your name in the code? If so, then you need to work out when you entered it and try to remove it.

nannynick Mon 25-Mar-13 22:14:59

Check your Blogger Profile is not containing anything referring to your name. Make sure you have a DisplayName that is something but not your own name.

MrsJohnDeere Tue 26-Mar-13 10:58:23

So confused!

On my blogger profile my username, email address linked to the blog, and display name are all the same (and a pseudonym). My real name isn't anywhere.

peekyboo Tue 26-Mar-13 14:43:49

What about any account, like Google plus?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now