Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

3 things about your blog using Mumsnet symbols.

(6 Posts)
Alreethinny Sun 03-Mar-13 12:43:01

I've often used the traffic light evaluation system with children for feedback purposes: green/happy face, amber/not sure face and red/sad, unhappy face.

Using 3 Mumsnet symbols tell us about something about your blog or blogging.

Mine are:-

smile I have found I really enjoy blogging and writing about various things, haven't ran out of ideas to write about yet, although my blog is a bit of an eclectic mix, which makes it a bit of an odd bod of a blog. I've written posts about some very personal things, which I never thought I would share with anyone, never mind 'strangers on the internet', but which I hope helped highlight the issues involved.

confused When I started my blog I didn't tell anyone I knew in RL. Some of my family and a friend discovered it, the friend in particular was quite mocking about blogs and people who blog. This didn't really bother me, as I said nobody is forcing anyone to read it. What bugs me though, is that they'll comment to me about something that I know I have never mentioned to them in RL, but have written a blog post on. Never leave a comment on the blog though, bloody stalkers!

blush Embarrassed about bringing my blog to people's attention, it feels like I'm pushy and showing off. I keep forgetting to post links on here, feel guilty about boring followers on Twitter with blog post links, so just basically crap at publicising it really. I did manage to embarrass Dd the other day, full wishing the ground would open up mode, when I asked a man if I could take photos of his loaves for a blog post. Everyone, including the man were giving me strange looks apparently, as I took the photos.

nutritioncoach Mon 04-Mar-13 18:22:28

smile I really like creating healthy eating recipes for busy families and sharing them on my blog. I try and blog about current topics like devising a great oily fish recipe for healthy heart month in February and a chinese inspired recipe for the Chinese New Year.

confused I don't understand why I get so much spam mail. I spend lots of unproductive time reading then deleting them; and some of them can be quite rude!

thanks Its great when people post really nice comments about the recipes or the advice I gave. It makes it all worth while

Alreethinny Mon 04-Mar-13 20:42:17

Hello nutrition have you tried installing a pluggin to detect spam on your blog?
Mine was getting clogged at the beginning by spammers, now it just dwells in the spammers folder of doom.

I should have used wine to describe my blog yesterday, as that's what I needed after changing the theme, then trying to get it how I wanted it.

nutritioncoach Fri 29-Mar-13 11:28:02

Hi Aireethinny
Sorry for the late response. I've managed to download a spam plugging as you suggested and hey presto no more spam. So thanks for the fantastic piece of advice thanks

Gusthetheatrecat Sun 31-Mar-13 22:38:01

smile I love blogging. I don't post enough, but I am really proud of what I have posted, and sometimes surprise myself when I see how much I've done in what feels like a very short time.
envy I am a bit 'cult' at the moment. Ahem. Which is to say, I would like to become more popular. And I get a bit envious of people whose blogs are doing really well, and especially those that seem to have become high profile very quickly. and those that seem successful when I think they are rather badly written
blush - I am still embarrassed to tell my friends in real life that I blog. Even though when I do, people read it and say nice things about it, and later mention stuff that means I know they go back and read it again.

racheyp Fri 05-Apr-13 19:01:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now