Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

I'm really excited and would love you to take a look please :)

(5 Posts)
pebbles77 Sun 04-Nov-12 22:17:55

So, basically as some of you may know I've been blogging for about a month but also starting up a little crafting business to keep me occupied at night when I'm awake (I suffer from severe insomnia).

Anyway, up until now I've always done pictures however I've just finished a piece of furniture - it's a Peppa Pig chair however I can personalise it to any kids character (or adult theme) and any piece of furniture - for example for my husbands christmas present I'm doing a coffee table in wine labels - using exactly the same technique as the chair.

Anyway, I'd love some feedback please - also until I go self hosted does any wordpress expert know of a better way of "selling" my crafts - i'm basically selling on Facebook but am putting up a few things on my blog so people can take a peek - any advice muchly appreciated.

Pressies by Pebbles

MmeLindor Mon 05-Nov-12 16:27:04

oh, they are pretty.

The only thing that I would warn about is that using a character such as Peppa Pig might be a tricky one - you are going to get into copyright issues, I think.

pebbles77 Mon 05-Nov-12 17:17:41

oh yes, i hadn't thought about that, i was so excited about doing such a cool chair that i forgot about legal!!!! better go and do some research about that! Thanks for giving me the heads up x

2under2blog Tue 06-Nov-12 09:41:53

Fab chair! I know a lot of little girls who would go crazy for that. I hope you get to the bottom of the copyright thing.

Thisisaeuphemism Tue 06-Nov-12 17:11:38

Lovely stuff pebbles - better not let my dd see it!

I imagine as mme lindor says, there might be copyright issues with some characters - props not with some of the older ones where copyright may have run out?

Alternatively, could get people to send photos/drawings/newspaper day they born etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now