I'm really excited and would love you to take a look please :)

(5 Posts)
pebbles77 Sun 04-Nov-12 22:17:55

So, basically as some of you may know I've been blogging for about a month but also starting up a little crafting business to keep me occupied at night when I'm awake (I suffer from severe insomnia).

Anyway, up until now I've always done pictures however I've just finished a piece of furniture - it's a Peppa Pig chair however I can personalise it to any kids character (or adult theme) and any piece of furniture - for example for my husbands christmas present I'm doing a coffee table in wine labels - using exactly the same technique as the chair.

Anyway, I'd love some feedback please - also until I go self hosted does any wordpress expert know of a better way of "selling" my crafts - i'm basically selling on Facebook but am putting up a few things on my blog so people can take a peek - any advice muchly appreciated.

Pressies by Pebbles

OP’s posts: |
MmeLindor Mon 05-Nov-12 16:27:04

oh, they are pretty.

The only thing that I would warn about is that using a character such as Peppa Pig might be a tricky one - you are going to get into copyright issues, I think.

pebbles77 Mon 05-Nov-12 17:17:41

oh yes, i hadn't thought about that, i was so excited about doing such a cool chair that i forgot about legal!!!! better go and do some research about that! Thanks for giving me the heads up x

OP’s posts: |
2under2blog Tue 06-Nov-12 09:41:53

Fab chair! I know a lot of little girls who would go crazy for that. I hope you get to the bottom of the copyright thing.

Thisisaeuphemism Tue 06-Nov-12 17:11:38

Lovely stuff pebbles - better not let my dd see it!

I imagine as mme lindor says, there might be copyright issues with some characters - props not with some of the older ones where copyright may have run out?

Alternatively, could get people to send photos/drawings/newspaper day they born etc?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in