Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Social Networking - what age is appropriate for children?

(4 Posts)
suzannemumofthree Mon 29-Oct-12 14:32:20

Over the weekend I had an interesting debate with my Brother in Law over allowing children on Facebook and Twitter....he is of the opinion that his kids will NEVER be allowed an FB account!

I wrote a blog post about it here:
3childrenandit.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/social-networking-what-age-is-too-young.html

I'd love to hear your views smile

ZombTEE Mon 29-Oct-12 14:37:09

Good luck to your brother in law on that one!

As of right now, with my 3 year old, I'd say 13.

But who the heck knows what will be out there in 10 years.

Good post, BTW.

pebbles77 Mon 29-Oct-12 14:49:25

i think 13 years old as well (mine are currently 5 and 3) but my husband and I both agree that until a lot later all computers will be downstairs and on full display to me because I'm sure there are ways to get around the security controls etc.

Great blog post - will share as it's a topic I'm sure most parents will have a view on xx

2under2blog Mon 29-Oct-12 16:48:51

Yes I agree with 13 I think. But if my children have accounts, I'll just add them all as friends and take their computers away if they block me.

Then I'll bombard them with Farmville or whatever shite is out there by then. And put up photos of me on the lash with my friends. And photos of them in the bath as babies.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now