Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Which blog host do you use?

(7 Posts)
pookamoo Fri 26-Oct-12 11:22:40

I have a blog on Blogger, and having spoken to a few of my followers last night, it seems that they don't like the fact that they have to log in with a google account to leave comments.
I've tried it myself and consistantly have problems with comments not showing up etc.

So which blog host sites to people use? If I move, how do I make sure I take my followers with me?

Thanks!

peekyboo Fri 26-Oct-12 12:27:20

I'd be interested to know what replies you get to this as I also use blogger, but have had anonymous comments, so I guess they don't have to log in?

If I wasn't already signed in via my blog, I don't think I'd like having to do that to comment on others, though my biggest problem isn't signing in via a Google account, it's reading those blooming security words and pictures!!

Amanda
www.aspie-girl.blogspot.co.uk/

pookamoo Fri 26-Oct-12 17:26:43

Well it seems that we aren't getting any answers! sad

ZombTEE Fri 26-Oct-12 20:44:34

WordPress is far superior, in my opinion.

I don't know about brining followers with you as with WP there is no follow option, people just have to bookmark etc.

MmeLindor Fri 26-Oct-12 23:28:34

You should be able to turn off the security captcha and the only being able to comment via a google account. Check the 'comments' settings.

I prefer WP to Blogger. There are so many plug-ins that make using WP so much more individual, and the availability of great themes (even if you have to pay for some of the best) is a great advantage.

peekyboo Sat 27-Oct-12 19:13:13

It's so confusing if you're new to it. I only chose blogger because I liked the look of someone else's blog and they were using it.

pookamoo Sat 27-Oct-12 21:52:42

peeky exactly the same reason here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now