Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Hello, and a silly question please

(8 Posts)
Headinbook Thu 25-Oct-12 22:07:04

Having followed MumsnetBloggers on Twitter for ages, I have all of a sudden joined today in response to a blog prompt (Child Benefit, something I wrote a while ago).

I really don't know my way around Mumsnet yet, having only ever read posts in the past.

So, do I just jump into the thread with the link to my blogpost. It seems awfully rude not to join the conversation. How does it work?

Thank you!

pebbles77 Thu 25-Oct-12 22:26:37

I think my first post into bloggers was to ask a question, advice, and therefore i felt i was able to post my blog title - if that makes sense.

But anyway, welcome, please let me know your blog title as i would love to read your blog - mine is www.pressiesbypebbles.com

Headinbook Thu 25-Oct-12 23:09:11

Thanks. I've plunged in, and will probably live to regret it, but hey ho.

The post is here https://headinbooks.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/whose-benefit/ My blog is very scruffy & random - I wasn't really writing it with a view to sharing it much as yet (if ever)!

ZombTEE Sat 27-Oct-12 20:44:21

If you're posting here in the Bloggers topic, feel free to post to your blog.

If you're going to explore the wider MN, you aren't allowed to link to your blog.

Welcome!

Headinbook Sat 27-Oct-12 22:54:12

Thank you! Yes, that makes sense.

I still don't think I get how everything works (will anything I post from now on appear automatically in the "new posts" bit of the front page, or do I need to do something to activate it if I wish?) but that is probably largely down to not having had time to sit down & look at it properly.

ZombTEE Sun 28-Oct-12 08:40:08

If you've been accepted in the Network, then your posts will be automatically fed to the latest posts on the front page, but it moves quick so it may not be on the front page for long!

MNHQ does that for you.

What's your blog called?

Headinbook Sun 28-Oct-12 09:37:58

I don't think that the post I've done since I was accepted has been included (not that it matters).

Thanks for your help.

My blog is at https://headinbooks.wordpress.com

ZombTEE Sun 28-Oct-12 11:38:11

You're definitely on the bloggers list. I'd shoot HQ an email and see if they have you hooked up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now