Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Blogfest and writing advice

(9 Posts)
judithoreilly Fri 19-Oct-12 10:48:35

I've put up a note on the Facebook events page but if anyone would like advice on their writing/synopsis/publishing side of things, I am coming along to the Blogfest and will happily have a chat. If you want me to look through anything first ping me a link to your blog or send over an excerpt of your creative writing and I can have a readthrough first. Alternatively tap me on the shoulder and we can have a quick scan-through your stuff and chat over a cup of tea. contact me via email if you're at all shy of revealing that you think you have a book in you (you may well be right.) judithoreilly(at)gmail.com.

EllieAllAtSea Fri 19-Oct-12 12:25:27

Hi Judith, unfortunately I won't be at Blogfest but I would love any advice you could give me on my new blog. Please have a look when you get a moment... All At Sea Thank you! x

choochy Fri 19-Oct-12 14:10:33

You're probably going to be absolutely inundated, but if you have a moment, please, please have a look at my blog? Very nervous at first, but really enjoying banging out a post every day - keeps me sane..
www.stumblinginflats.com

choochy Fri 19-Oct-12 14:11:13

p.s. I'm going to blogfest too.

pebbles77 Fri 19-Oct-12 15:44:09

Oh wow what an amazing offer. I'd love some advice as at the moment I basically write what comes out of my mouth rather than thinking about how it actually reads.
My blog is www.pressiesbypebbles.com and I'll also be at Blogfest.
Only if you have a moment
Thanks so much
Sally

Thisisaeuphemism Fri 19-Oct-12 20:19:50

Ooh, I would love advice too.
Will be at blog fest but will be too red faced and sweaty to come forward. blush

Blog is: grandadcametotea.wordpress.com/

DillyTante Fri 19-Oct-12 22:25:50

Are you just interested in fiction writing? I feel like I do ok on my blog but just can't nail the fiction thing. I am mulling over an idea at the moment though, I'm just not sure I can put it into practice.

I would love to write a non-fiction book though, trouble is I don't have much expertise in anything. I guess I could write a book on Mumsnet... smile

www.dillytante.wordpress.com

MmeGuillotine Sat 20-Oct-12 19:27:31

I think it's a bit late for me to ask for writing advice (seeing as I'm on the Getting Published panel!) but I'll definitely come and say hello as I LOVE your book (I haven't read the latest one yet, alas) and blog. smile

Bookstar Wed 24-Oct-12 02:14:06

Hi DallyTante
I see by your wenbsite that you have a talent in crafts, why not compose a book of how you do that and write about some of your experiences, they are very good.

Im a little bit further down the road as an author, I have written a childrens book and progressing into launching and marketing it very soon. It is being published through Createspace, very helpful. I wish you the best and will keep in touch Natisha.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now