Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Wordpress 'Follow' button

(7 Posts)
2under2blog Thu 18-Oct-12 12:44:47

Could someone do me a favour?

If you run a Wordpress blog, could you look at my site and tell me whether there's a 'follow' button in the top left hand corner?

My site is self-hosted so I'm worried that there isn't one there.

Thanks!

CraftsonSea Thu 18-Oct-12 13:56:43

Can't see it, sorry sad I'm self posted on wp too and can't work out how to do this either so would be very interested if you can get this fixed!

2under2blog Thu 18-Oct-12 13:59:14

Ah good, glad it's not just me! I found a plugin last week but couldn't get it to work. I hope someone can offer advice.

NotGeoffVader Thu 18-Oct-12 13:59:43

There is a 'follow me' option about half-way down on the right-hand side of the page, but that is to allow following on fb and twitter.
If you fix it, let me know, as I have a wordpress blog too and am keen to generate more traffic (although I am behind with posting and should have had a new blog post up there yesterday!)

pebbles77 Thu 18-Oct-12 17:20:56

What does self hosted mean compared to what i did i.e. use a pre made wordpress page. Does it mean you've designed it using another piece of software?

Is there anyway i can get the code from my widget and share it with you?

CraftsonSea Thu 18-Oct-12 19:15:42

In total honesty, my husband told me to go self hosted so I did it! Sounds awful doesn't it?! I don't think you can ever make money through a normal Wordpress one (against their t's and c's) although arguably this isn't an issue for me anyway ;)

2under2blog Sat 20-Oct-12 12:44:13

Self-hosted means you buy your own web address and pay for your hosting, so that you can have a URL withough .wordpress in it smile Still haven't worked this one out, I'm on it though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now