Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

A nice story for the animal lovers!

(3 Posts)
peekyboo Wed 17-Oct-12 10:50:17

I usually keep my blog upbeat and light, even though I often mention my everyday life in it as well as the writing. But last night was an exception. The long and the short of it is that, after 5 months of not knowing where she was and thinking she was dead, I found out my little cat is alive and well and living a street away from me!
It was pure chance that I happened to post her picture on a local animal page on Facebook. Then someone said she was the twin of their cat. And you can probably guess the rest!
So, for once, I put it all in the blog. I haven't look again at it this morning, to see if I come across as a mad catwoman (no change there if I do). I wrote the blog as a little story, of Mabel's exploits.
I'm still on a high today. I didn't bring her home with me, for various reasons. I went to see her and she is very happy and settled there, more so than she has been at home for years. So I did the right thing for her (if not for me) and left her with her new family. But I do have visitation rights and we've all exchanged details.
So, if anyone wants to have a look at Mabel and her story it's on www.thewishatree.com/blog/
There's an extra twist to her story as when I arrived to see her, I discovered they had also taken in the old tom who has been doing the rounds for years and who was the father of Mabel's babies when she was a young whippersnapper!
Amanda

2under2blog Wed 17-Oct-12 11:30:36

What a little imp! Must've been such a relief to find her again. Amazing story!

My cat decided to take up residence with the neighbours when I was little. My sisters and I had meetings where we scribbled ideas in a little cat notepad about how to get her back. None worked.

These felines - stubborn creatures!

peekyboo Wed 17-Oct-12 11:48:51

I know! She spent most of my visit keeping a close eye on me in case I wanted to take her home. I got more of a welcome from the old tom who used to visit us for breakfasts, but no gratitude at all from the small, grumpy-looking female who I saw coming into this world and did nothing but nice things for the whole time she was with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now