Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

i need to namechange dont i if i link to my blog?

(8 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Wed 10-Oct-12 21:00:58

I've always posted anonymously on mumsnet, as is the custom, but if I link to my blog my name, family and other info is clear to see. So I think I need a new name for a clean slate - am I right?

Do you switch back to anonymous names once you are not blogging?

Is this obvious?

poocatcherchampion Thu 11-Oct-12 16:39:40

Anyone?

wrestlingalligators Fri 12-Oct-12 19:51:08

I have just namechanged, as people in 'real life' don't need to know the ins and outs of my breastfeeding woes, or a detailed description of my latest birth!

ZombTEE Fri 12-Oct-12 20:16:29

No, I blog under my usual username, which is Tee2072. This is my Hallowe'en name. ::twirls::

I never follow custom. It's boring.

If you don't care if people match you up MN nick to blog name, then don't name change.

Some do, some don't. It certainly isn't required.

wannaBe Fri 12-Oct-12 20:20:36

my blog is in my rl name. it is also linked to my twitter account.

I dont post anything that personal here but if people want to go looking then power to them..

Pavlovthecat Sat 13-Oct-12 10:33:55

i blog under a name that is neither my own name or mn name. I got into a tizz about how to do it. But, then, none of my RL friends could give a toss about my blogging or the topic of it anyway so I doubt I would actually out myself.

Trills Sat 13-Oct-12 10:47:10

My blog is in my real name. Quite a few people know both names, but I don't explicitly link them.

Trills Sat 13-Oct-12 10:47:30

I am on twitter as my real name too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now