Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Hi. New and lost

(26 Posts)
Pavlovthecat Mon 01-Oct-12 19:52:05

MNHQ this first bit is to you - how do I get the Mumsnetbloggers on twitter to see my new posts as you are not following me, and have no reason to. Or do you select the good bits to share. How do you know?

Secondly, after the boring technical stuff. Hey to all here. I am going to go read and learn. My new blog is so new it looks like it has been created by a child. I have no clue what I am doing. I am not sure I should even be doing it.

But I am. So check it out if you need help sleeping.

strawberrypenguin Mon 01-Oct-12 19:57:54

Hi pavlov can you link to your blog?

I'm blogforbilly in the bloggers network and I'm pretty new to it as well. If you want to stop by my blog and take a look it's blogforbilly.wordpress.com

Pavlovthecat Mon 01-Oct-12 20:02:45

strawberry winecantcurebackpain.wordpress.com

I will go check you out 1I am really enjoying reading other people's blogs, even though I find it makes me feel inadequate. People have such a lot to say about their lives, experiences and it makes me amazed at how much we can learn from others compared to 10 years ago even. mostly those physically around us formed our views and now we can read about anything.

Pavlovthecat Mon 01-Oct-12 20:04:27

here

Pavlovthecat Mon 01-Oct-12 20:38:50

I am impressed I managed to get the MN badge on my page, but, why the hell is it in the middle of my big red title eh? I want it down the side, as part of my page, not a sore thumb on its own!

strawberrypenguin Mon 01-Oct-12 20:43:33

Hi pavlov I've checked your blog out and it looks good to me! Love the colour scheme it's easy on the eye and fits with your blog title well. I think you write well too, its easy to read and your sense of humour comes through even when your writing about being in pain. Bits of it really touched me, it must be so tough to not just be able to scoop your kids up. Keep writing and followers etc will come. I read a lot of the 'new posts' in bloggers too so the more you post the more chance people have of finding you. Good luck with the blogging and I hope you find some relief from your back soon.

strawberrypenguin Mon 01-Oct-12 20:45:50

Not sure why the MN badge is where it is, I assumed you were putting badges up there but I see not! Will it let you move it from dashboard or drag it to where you want?

Pavlovthecat Mon 01-Oct-12 20:50:00

I don't know, I will go and play.

Thank you for your kind words about my blog, makes me feel a tinsy bit more hopefully I am not a rogue trader!

I read yours too, i love the notebook style! And your boy is so cute. you must be biting your nails waiting for the op date.

Pavlovthecat Mon 01-Oct-12 20:57:46

ooooooh I have had a little play and I figured it out! now got to work out what categories actually are, like properly so grin

ok, I feel calmer. I have had a sip of wine wink and actually talking to someone makes me feel much less like I am pretending at blogging grin

strawberrypenguin Mon 01-Oct-12 21:00:56

grin I still haven't worked out categories!

Pavlovthecat Mon 01-Oct-12 21:02:49

I have just put on a cool category cloud. And it says in ickle pitty words 'health' and in humungous words next to it UNCATEGORISED very pro. not.

good luck, I will follow yours to see it develop, and grow and find out how the op goes too.

MmeLindor Mon 01-Oct-12 21:50:45

oh, you horrible person. I have just CRIED real tears at your blog.

If you stop blogging, I will come and hunt you down.

Do I follow you on Twitter? You need a Twitter button for your blog, btw.

Pavlovthecat Mon 01-Oct-12 22:17:10

oooh how do i do that? <goes off to google> thanks mme ! grin well that is a good sign i think!

GolfOscarLimaDelta Mon 01-Oct-12 22:22:10

Oh I just clicked your link via someone on twitter and I left a comment. I'm not in the network so I won't add my blog link here but 'this me; Homeless Mummy if you're wondering smile

And thank you very much for making me tear up a bit! I just had my gallbladder out and it felt odd not being able to lift my boy so your post touched a nerve.

Incidentally, I think our boys might share a name. They certainly share a nickname and I can't thing of anything else it's short for.

smile

GolfOscarLimaDelta Mon 01-Oct-12 22:23:09

MmeLindor - think it was your Kleenex rating link I followed smile

MmeLindor Mon 01-Oct-12 22:32:30

ah, the power of Twitter

smile

Pavlovthecat Mon 01-Oct-12 22:42:35

mme and golf thank you for your posts! here and on my blog, really appreciate it and I have tears too now. I have just gone to re-read my post!

I have put on the twitter button. I am feeling a little less scared of it now. I expect tomorrow will be a different story.

Pavlovthecat Mon 01-Oct-12 22:43:40

golf i should think there is only one possibility for that nickname. and it is a Very Good name I congratulate you on your Sound choice of name!

GolfOscarLimaDelta Mon 01-Oct-12 23:10:02

smile

Keep at it - I'm still a bit blog shy. Won't join the networks yet because I don't feel worthy or that it's an interesting read. It's just therapy really.

But you wrote well and are good at painting the visual pictures plus it's a good topic. Helpful to others in the same situation.

smile

MmeLindor Mon 01-Oct-12 23:13:55

yes, I agree about the visual picture that Pavlov paints.

I was also somewhat concerned at the development of your pain, as I have had niggling back pain recently and haven't done much about it. Need to start doing some exercises again.

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Oct-12 09:56:47

Pavlovthecat - a big welcome to the network. You have absolutely no reason to feel like a fraud - your blog is very good, so please keep writing!

As for your question, we keep a close eye on all the latest posts on the Bloggers homepage, and try and promote those which stand out every day. This might be because it's topical, touching, funny, beautifully-written - basically the same criteria that most of us use when RT-ing blogs ourselves. But we hope everyone will feel free to @ us on Twitter if they've got something they're particularly pleased with.

We've also got plans to improve both how, and how much, we promote, so watch this space.

GolfOscarLimaDelta, your blog is very powerful, and we'd absolutely love to have you in the network (technically, you're supposed to be in already to post wink). If you email us at bloggers@mumsnet.com, we can get you registered straight away.

Pavlovthecat Tue 02-Oct-12 10:07:00

Thanks for replying kateMN not hinting to RT mine, just interested to know how it is done.

I agree with you about golf joining the network - golf you have a lot to say about a very real issue and very useful links too. You should join.

GolfOscarLimaDelta Tue 02-Oct-12 10:17:16

blush

I've emailed KateMN.

And opps for being naughty!

Thanks guys.

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Oct-12 10:37:55

Yay! Great stuff, we'll look out for it.
Pavlov it's fine to ask, honestly. Sometimes we won't be able to help out, but it's honestly not considered infra dig wink.

Pavlovthecat Wed 03-Oct-12 10:46:22

Thanks for making me blog of the day yesterday! I was surprised to see less visitors to my blog than the day before, but hopefully it has highlighted my presence somewhat even though I am a working progress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now