Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Leaving the Nest

(3 Posts)
JennyM55 Sat 22-Sep-12 16:33:32

I have written a Memoir about this (when my girls flew the nest) though one lost her direction mid flight and returned home, but I would be interested to hear how other mums coped?

hilaryross57 Thu 27-Sep-12 09:43:46

Both my kids are still young and I am years away from them flying from the nest however, as a mum, it is something I think about regularly!

I am doing my best to teach them that you have to work hard to achieve in life - there is no substitute for effort and graft. If they learn this from me I think that I will feel confident and proud when it comes to that time.

JennyM55 Thu 27-Sep-12 12:36:22

Hi Hilary,

You are fortunate that your kids are still young :-) I envy you. I found for better or worse, even though I had brought them up well (or I have thought so) the leaving of the nest brings on a whole different dimension. My girls were/are confident and yes although proud of their morph from child to adult when it came time for them to leave so much more 'came into play'. It's the transition of being their mother and teaching them..to no longer playing the mother role with them in my home. Thank you so much for your thoughts and replying to my thread. I appreciate you taking the time. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now