Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

New Blog Posts 16th- 22nd September

(59 Posts)
BlueEyeshadow Sun 16-Sep-12 09:57:59

Wow, I've never been first before!

Anyway, I've written about There Are NO Cats in this Book by Vivianne Schwarz - fab picture books that both boys, DH and I all enjoy.

DillyTante Sun 16-Sep-12 13:12:57

Morning. I'm starting a regular post that I might turn into a blog hop, just rounding up my week dillytante.wordpress.com/2012/09/13/dillys-sunday-brunch-2/

maninhispyjamas Sun 16-Sep-12 16:44:27

The dream, her immediate reaction, and her reaction sixteen and a half hours later.

www.maninhispyjamas.com/2012/09/the-dream-her-immediate-reaction-and.html

CinnamonStix Sun 16-Sep-12 19:13:19

House-hunting and the strange people you meet on the way..

ThisIsArchieDad Sun 16-Sep-12 21:24:58

Evening all!

Been a little while since Archie has posted, but he's back! Like most toddlers, his love of arts and crafts is only overtaken by his love of helping Mummy and Daddy. When he gets to combine the two, so much the better...

www.thisisarchie.wordpress.com

YoungDebbie Sun 16-Sep-12 23:00:54

What's the perfect family pet? (especially in a household where the parents don't want any pets...) Here's my nine-year-old DD's creative solution:

In Search of the Perfect Pet

PetiteRaleuse Mon 17-Sep-12 08:47:16

Good morning. I've blogged about my creche today. Not really a rant at all.

TheNewson Mon 17-Sep-12 09:23:26

Sshhh! Tonight's Dispatches programme is called: the Secrets of Poundland.

With such a curious title, I'm expecting to discover something straight out of Harry Potter or mythological folklore.

But surely the green and white shop that sandwiches Sports Soccer and Cash Converters is about as secretive as Kerry Katona's love life.

thenews-on.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/secrets-of-poundland.html

RecipeJunkie Mon 17-Sep-12 09:57:31

Dogcatcher Cake (that's a cake for the people who helped me catch my dog, not a cake to catch a dog - if it only it were that easy...)

MmeLindor Mon 17-Sep-12 10:58:11

New look blog - and a post today about Twitter.

For those who are filled with angst when they are unfollowed, or who would like to unfollow some people.

With recommendations of different tools to use and how to cope with rejection.

Who Unfollowed Me?

MmeLindor Mon 17-Sep-12 11:11:48

RJ
LOVED your post today.

Petite
Love the sound of the creche.

Dilly
I enjoyed your Sunday Brunch and would love to take part in a blog hop, but don't know if I would manage to commit to weekly.

carovioletfizz Mon 17-Sep-12 11:54:07

Here's mine - Peppa Pig and pigging out

borninastorm Mon 17-Sep-12 15:42:01

Teenboy's off to Uni on Wednesday, but he's not packed a thing yet and applied too late for halls...
it's nearly time

KnockKnockPenny Mon 17-Sep-12 15:51:55

Lunch today was a tasty Butternut and Nut Butter soup!

Twitterqueen Mon 17-Sep-12 16:26:05

"To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness." (The importance of being Ernest).

Unfortunately I've lost 2 in the past month - Why do funerals bring out the worst in people?

Bex66 Mon 17-Sep-12 17:03:56

The road less travelled...

Nanniejo Mon 17-Sep-12 21:21:07

I decided to host The World?s Biggest Coffee Morning At My Place smile

FiveHoursSleep Tue 18-Sep-12 11:00:34

How to help your preschooler become road safe

SophRunning Tue 18-Sep-12 11:59:52

Sick and livid over Gove's exam reform and what it means for my daughter

aliceemma Tue 18-Sep-12 12:08:19

I don’t think there are many mums that don’t go through the wringer at least a bit when their child first starts in childcare whether at nursery or with a child-minder or nanny. It’s not that you’re not convinced of the benefits for your child and for your family as a whole and for you personally, but for most children it’s the first major transition in their lives and it’s hard because transitions are hard! And it’s just so hard for you as a mum to watch them struggle!

A blog post on settling into childcare: bit.ly/Uj2dDQ

doradoo Tue 18-Sep-12 12:33:03

I saw a mouse....

emmasexpatadventures.blogspot.de/

HebeinDC Tue 18-Sep-12 14:32:27

Oh dear, what's Romney done now? I once wrote that his aspirations to ascend to the top rung of politics seem more the result of ticking off a bucket-list than a burning desire to change things for the better.

This seems the most prescient thing I have written since predicting at the age of fourteen that I would never go beyond a 32B.

Have a look at the latest calamity to befall the presidential candidate, and let me know what YOU think.

www.hebeindc.wordpress.com

borninastorm Tue 18-Sep-12 20:00:29

It's U-Day, Teenboy's off to Uni tomorrow and he got us all a surprise tonight.

And the surprise was...

gardeningmum Wed 19-Sep-12 09:30:29

Hi I blog about gardens, kids and the great outdoors. Thought I'd share with you what bulbs I am planting with my son in the garden this autumn.

out2playinthegarden.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/planting-spring-bulbs-with-your-kids.html

WomanlyWoman Wed 19-Sep-12 12:57:24

Hi, first time here, only just realised I'm in the network after noticing a couple of clickthroughs. It seems ages ago that I applied to join. I do a few book reviews on my blog, including childrens books from the perspective of being a feminist parent. Yesterday's post was more of a rant about a comic I saw in Tesco....http://tricialo.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/merida-does-not-wear-make-up/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now