Tell me about how to link my Blog to FB?

(3 Posts)
TheWombat Thu 28-Jun-12 14:18:19

I am quite new to blogging hipoptimist.wordpress.com and have seen that many of you have FB pages dedicated to your blogs. I'd like to try this but don't really know how it works.

Can you keep your RL name out of it all if you want your blog to be anonymous (ish)?

Is there a separate 'blog pages' part of FB or do you register the blog as a company / yourself as an author or something?

Does it take an awful lot of time to update and monitor?

What have you got out of this? Has it been useful in terms of increasing traffic to your blog?

I'd really appreciate your advice smile. Thank you so much!

OP’s posts: |
SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Thu 28-Jun-12 14:29:58

Can you keep your RL name out of it all if you want your blog to be anonymous (ish)?

I would think so. Mine is linked to my real name, but I know some people do set up separate accounts for their pages. I think this isn't strictly allowed but as some have been up for years I don't think FB do anything about it.

Is there a separate 'blog pages' part of FB or do you register the blog as a company / yourself as an author or something?

You can set up a page here. I think you just choose the most appropriate category. It's a while since I set mine up but think I listed myself as a writer. if you blog anonymously though you might be better off choosing another category.

Does it take an awful lot of time to update and monitor?

Not really. Of course it depends how busy yours is. I spend about an hour a week on my own page, and about 20 minutes a day on a page I manage for a client.

What have you got out of this? Has it been useful in terms of increasing traffic to your blog?

It has been useful. It's brought new readers in to my blog, and also because some people only read on FB brought posts to a wider audience who might not visit blogs.

Got to be brief here because of the space limit but there's a great blog by a guy called John Haydon all about using FB pages. It's aimed at non-profits, but the advice is useful for other pages too.

TheWombat Thu 28-Jun-12 14:33:23

Saskia that is really comprehensive, thank you so much! I think it's definitely worth my investigating!
Thanks once again thanks

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in