Stumbleupon

(4 Posts)
pockledigg Mon 21-May-12 05:40:43

Right, new thread. Thanks to YummyMummyReally, yesterday I managed to sort out SU and get a few blog posts on there.
This morning I checked yesterday's page views and I have had over 500, most of which are from SU. Normally I get 80-120 a day. Obviously this is great but it doesn't seem 'right' to me. All this traffic has not generated a single comment, Adsense click or any more Twitter Followers, which seems odd to me. Is this normal? Have others had similar or different experiences? I would be very interested to hear them.
Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
BlackAffronted Mon 21-May-12 07:01:56

Thats totally normal, SU just drives traffic your way and 99% will just click right past your page. I have never had a single comment, fowllower or proper interest from using SU.

It can actually be harmfull to your blog, I think it can affect your page rank with Google, and you appear further down their search pages.

Tee2072 Mon 21-May-12 07:03:55

Yes, what BA said. You are really better off reading other people's blogs and commenting, sending your post to Twitter/FB and following/friending others than you are relying on something like SU if you want comments etc.

How long have you been blogging?

pockledigg Mon 21-May-12 14:11:04

Thank BA & Tee. Been blogging just over 6 months, do all the stuff that Tee suggested as well. Joined SU as thought it was a good way of people 'finding' blog and a lot of bloggers use it. Confused with it all now. Why does it have a negative impact on Google ranking?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in