I have a blog, should I join the MN blogging group?

(6 Posts)
CtrlAltParent Fri 02-Mar-12 11:39:23

I have namechanged because most of my current blog readership know me in real life. I would like some advice from the current MN blog network members. I'm not trying to promote my blog.

I'd like to know whether you think I should join the MN blog group? If you have done so, what are the benefits you've seen? Have there been any drawbacks? I am imagining a few YABU comments on the blog, hopefully some YANBU ones, too though!

Thanks smile

Here is my blog, ^if^ you are interested

OP’s posts: |
CtrlAltParent Fri 02-Mar-12 18:54:17

bump, anyone?

I'm quite new to this and wondered what the benefits are. Also, I'm unsure about what they mean by "earnings" ?

OP’s posts: |
QueenMaeve Sat 03-Mar-12 00:10:45

I think most people in the mn bloggers were all mnetters first and for a lot of us it was because of mumsnet that we got into blogging in the first place. For me it's more about the sense of a blogging community within the network. Yes there might be extra blog traffic from it but it's more a place where bloggers can come and converse about blogging and support each other.

JenniferJJ Sun 04-Mar-12 11:18:54

Personally I get very very little extra traffic from here, and so far have had no other benefits like reviews or featured posts from being in the Mumsnet network. I do like the community side, and the main page with the lists of updated posts has introduced me to a lot of new blogs.

I don't think that there are any drawbacks, I haven't noticed any YABU comments (although I don't tend to blog about anything controversial) but then I don't think that most of my readers come from here. If you are well known in the Mumsnet community elsewhere then you might find that you do get more readers if people recognise you and come to visit your blog.

Tee2072 Sun 04-Mar-12 12:45:09

Honestly? I get no benefit from it. Even when they promote my blog through Tweets etc I get a minimal increase in traffic. There are, IMHO, too many MN bloggers to be able to help anyone with traffic.

If you're already getting plenty of traffic, I really wouldn't bother.

ctrlaltparent Sun 04-Mar-12 18:38:36

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in