How do you know how readers have come across you blog?

(8 Posts)
tash640 Thu 10-Nov-11 19:36:39

I use blogger.com and my stats give me page views, audience etc but it doesn't have anything that show's how they came across your site - do you use something different on a blog to find this out? Sorry if this is very basic stuff but I've only been doing this for less than 2 weeks!

Cheers

Tashxx

OP’s posts: |
GertieGooseBoots Thu 10-Nov-11 20:37:10

There should be a "traffic sources" tab on the overview page where you are looking at the page views etc?

Frugalfamily Thu 10-Nov-11 21:26:13

I use statcounter which is really easy to install and give you loads of information like this smile

madeupstuff Thu 10-Nov-11 21:30:27

Good grief - a topic that I'm the most qualified person to contribute to.

There's a bunch of Web Analytics tools that you can use. For free you should probably look at either Google Analytics or [[http://web.analytics.yahoo.com/ Yahoo! Web Analytics] (which, for free, are both just awesome).

tash640 Thu 10-Nov-11 21:59:54

thanks that's really helpful - I do have traffic sources but it doesn't show if someone has input something into google and have come across it looking for something else
txx

madeupstuff Thu 10-Nov-11 22:13:10

I don't know much about blogger (blogger is owned by Google these days, isn't it?) although I've just created a test blog there and there seems to be a 'Search Keywords' section at the bottom of the Traffic Sources screen. I'd imagine that that's where you should see something.

Typecast Thu 10-Nov-11 22:29:15

tash640 if you look at your Blogger dashboard, click Stats and then Traffic Sources and scroll down a little it will show you "search keywords" - that's what people have put into google to find your blog.

tash640 Fri 11-Nov-11 13:26:06

just seen it! some has put in the name of the blog - I've decided not to be a slave to the stats though. How long that will last I don't know!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in