Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Newbie from Australia !!

(5 Posts)
BecJackMissR Mon 17-Oct-11 09:57:00

Hello there everyone. My name is Bec and I have 2 gorgeous children. Jack is 4 & Rihanna is 9 months old. We live in Australia with my husband Scott, and his 2 children, Brodie 14 & Gemma 11.

I was told about this forum by a current member whose son plays Little Kickers soccer with my son.

Hope to chat with most of you soon !!

MmeLindor. Mon 17-Oct-11 10:01:48

Hi there. Welcome to MN. We have a lot of MNetters from Australia. If you have a look on the Living Overseas board, you will find them.

Are you Australian or British?

Just a couple of tips. We tend not to use real names, but write DD for "deardaughter", DS for "dearson", DH for "dearhusband" ...

You can of course use your family's real names, but you might not want to be quite so identifiable.

And you have posted on the Bloggers Network, which doesn't get quite so much traffic as the main board, so don't be surprised if you don't get loads of replies.

You can introduce yourself on the main board if you want, most don't some do. Just jump right in and be cautious of the Am I Being Unreasonable board until you find your feet.

Have fun.

BecJackMissR Mon 17-Oct-11 10:05:02

LOL whoops sorry. Maybe delete my post ??

MmeLindor. Mon 17-Oct-11 10:10:36

If you want the post deleted, click on Report Post and ask MNHQ to do so.

I would if I were you, cause the combination of names makes you highly identifiable - if someone were to google you.

If it doesn't bother you, you can leave it.

BecJackMissR Mon 17-Oct-11 10:11:26

And yep no worries about the DD & DS. I have been on another forum (no longer go on it) for some time so know the lingo wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now