Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

New Blog Posts - Miscarriage Campaign - from 10th October 2011

(71 Posts)
MmeLindor. Sun 09-Oct-11 17:25:25

I thought it would be better to move the miscarriage topic off the normal blog posts for this week - so that those who feel that they don't want to think or read about this topic can hide this thread.

I am fully aware that some people feel this way, I did too for a long time.

So, this will be the thread for posting links to your blog. If you haven't seen it, here is the kick off post

Tomorrow I will write a post and link it here. Could you do the same please, and add your post to the linky thing on my blog.

You can take the code and add a link thing to your blog too. This is particularly good on Blogger blogs, and you can see them on the blog itself.

ScaredTEECat Sun 09-Oct-11 17:31:55

Just marking my place for tomorrow. My blog is written and scheduled to go up at about 730 tomorrow morning. I'll go in and edit it when we have a place to link to from MN when they launch!

Thanks for all of your coordination efforts on this, MmeL! thanks

MmeLindor. Sun 09-Oct-11 21:02:49

What do you lot think about having a badge for the campaign? That would link to the info page on MN. Will ask MNHQ if they can make us one.

And what about non-MN bloggers? If there are bloggers who write about this even though there are not on the network, would we still link to them?

breadfortheboys Sun 09-Oct-11 22:12:22

Marking my place

ScaredTEECat Mon 10-Oct-11 06:14:47

I think a badge is a great idea.

PetiteRaleuse Mon 10-Oct-11 07:10:25

Yes I think the campaign is important enough for there to be no difference between MN Bloggers and non-MN bloggers.

ScaredTEECat Mon 10-Oct-11 07:33:44

The Baby That Wasn't

MmeL, when you get your post up let me know and I'll do the Linky thang!

PetiteRaleuse Mon 10-Oct-11 08:03:44

MmeL there seems to be an issue with the linky on your blog.

Here is my story. I'll link up when it's working and will be posting CBears story in a short while.

MmeLindor. Mon 10-Oct-11 08:10:51

Morning.

Sorry, that I am a bit late. Couldn't get the link to work, then remembered that I had to be in HTML mode to put it in.

Here is the blog post this morning.

Please add your link to the Linkytools page and grab the code - you can put it on your blog and should get the link list there too.

MNHQ are going to make us a badge.

MmeLindor. Mon 10-Oct-11 08:11:29

Can you test the link thing again, Petite?

PetiteRaleuse Mon 10-Oct-11 08:19:36

I think it is working now

PetiteRaleuse Mon 10-Oct-11 08:26:51

I have also managed to put the bloghop on my site but only link to myself so far.. will see how it changes when others add theirs to your bloghop.

MmeLindor. Mon 10-Oct-11 08:47:02

Petite
I have added to your blog hop doodah

PetiteRaleuse Mon 10-Oct-11 08:50:46

I've just edited my post to link to your site in the first paragraph too. I'll post my guest post now.

PetiteRaleuse Mon 10-Oct-11 08:59:31

Here it is.

MmeLindor. Mon 10-Oct-11 09:09:46

oh, managed to get the blog thing to work properly. Have pretty little thumbnails now too.

SubOptiMum Mon 10-Oct-11 10:26:18

Here is my post http://www.mumsnet.com/campaigns/how-you-can-support-miscarriage-care-campaign

Thanks for all your amazing work on this MmeLindor

MmeLindor. Mon 10-Oct-11 10:29:30

SubOptiMum
(your name makes me laugh, btw) That link didn't work. Can you try again?

And if you would like to add to the dinkylinky thing at the bottom of my blog, and add it to your blog, we can share the readers around a bit.

ScaredTEECat Mon 10-Oct-11 10:30:38

Okay, I think I am all linked up to everything now.

And crying as I read these. Big hugs for all of us and let's hope all of this makes things better!

MmeLindor. Mon 10-Oct-11 10:33:49

Me too, Tee.

Didn't think it would still affect me after all those years, but it does.

Toomuchtea Mon 10-Oct-11 10:52:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MmeLindor. Mon 10-Oct-11 11:02:20

Toomuchtea
Have commented.

I keep crying when I read your posts, but it feels good to get the emotions out and turn them into positive action.

17 years!

PetiteRaleuse Mon 10-Oct-11 11:11:34

I'm more upset about what some of you have been through than I was about what I went through. I so hope this campaign gets things improved. It's shocking and has been going on like this for far too long.

Toomuchtea Mon 10-Oct-11 11:21:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SubOptiMum Mon 10-Oct-11 11:32:10

Gah on link not working - see despite living on the internet I am still not terrible good at it. childbirthptsdandme.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/mumsnet-miscarriage-code-of-care-campaign/ that work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now