Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

New blog posts 2nd October to 8th October

(235 Posts)
PetiteRaleuse Sun 02-Oct-11 08:09:44

Happy Sundays everyone. I have started the week with a rant about the Zara Mike non story in the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday. Here.

FlamingoBingo Sun 02-Oct-11 10:20:51

Good post, Petite!

My weekly links post is up.

BsDad Sun 02-Oct-11 10:39:29

Sunday morning seems to have established itself as blogging time in our house! Here's the latest on my son's support in school:

autisticson.wordpress.com/

queenmaeve Sun 02-Oct-11 12:03:37

I am going to do a run of posts on Halloween costume ideas for children.
First one King Tut

queenmaeve Sun 02-Oct-11 12:09:48

bsdad, I found that post very interesting. I am an sen techer and can completely understand all the thoughts parents have in this situtation.

queenmaeve Sun 02-Oct-11 12:10:33

petite and flamenco, good posts too! smile

FlamingoBingo Sun 02-Oct-11 13:22:48

Queenmaeve - fab idea!

I only need 86 posts now before my blog reaches 10k hits! Would like to get there today, but reckon it'll be tomorrow in the end...

MmeGuillotine Sun 02-Oct-11 13:39:53

Hope you're all having a nice weekend!

This is today's post, which is inspired by diffident feelings of 'Oh crikey, no one has bought any copies of my stupid books yet this month'; 'I can't write about 1888 Whitechapel when it's so bloody sunny' and also 'Maybe if I have a competition to put a couple of blog readers' names in said book, it'll make me more inclined to sit down and write it and maybe they'll buy copies when it comes out'.

PetiteRaleuse Sun 02-Oct-11 14:52:10

MmeG I can't remember how I came across it but I just thought you'd like to know I found your Russell Crowe conversation today, and although I never get starstruck in real life meeting slebs, I think it may be the coolest most understated blog post I have ever seen.

MmeGuillotine Sun 02-Oct-11 15:19:13

Aww, crikey, I'm all a blush now. Thanks so much! smile

I think that has to be one of my most favourite posts that I have ever written and, well, Russell Crowe, what a good sport he is. Did you like the picture that I put with it? ;)

PetiteRaleuse Sun 02-Oct-11 15:37:17

I did like the picture (and I'm not a fan)!

It was just lovely because you didn't shout about having a conversation with him, but it was just a lovely nice chat you shared with us.

I quite like him now whereas before I thought he was a bit of a w****r.

MmeGuillotine Sun 02-Oct-11 15:45:33

Haha, I don't fancy him personally (although people are always saying that my husband looks a bit like him so maybe I do?!) and I wasn't sure what he was like as a person but I really like him after that.

I'm not really into OMG It's A Celebrity and in fact almost didn't post to my blog about it at all until my husband pointed out that it was actually relevant to at least one person who'd recently looked at it. ;)

PetiteRaleuse Sun 02-Oct-11 16:12:41

It was a very cool post particularly as it wasn't OMG It's a celebrity

DillyTante Sun 02-Oct-11 17:09:55

Marking place for later

DillyTante Sun 02-Oct-11 19:37:17

Hi all. Thanks for the kind words about my post yesterday. I've been thinking about my recluntance to post it on my blog. It's unusual as I am a massive oversharer! I think nothing rof posting that sort of thing here. But most people don't actually know me here. Conversely quite a lot of my blog readers are people know in real life, you might spot my mum commenting, or some of my rl friends. And it's not that I wouldn't share my down feelings with them, but within a context, you know? I want my blog to be somewhere people go for entertainment and inspiration.

I think I'll keep the edge of a cliff posts for mumsnet!

Last night went well though. Can't do proper linky from phone but last night went well!

queenmaeve Sun 02-Oct-11 20:50:55

dilly I love the yarn bombing. so funny!

breadfortheboys Sun 02-Oct-11 22:13:27

Evening All, gosh you have all been busy! Not posting anything tonight but just wanted to check in and mark my place. Night All x

FlamingoBingo Sun 02-Oct-11 23:49:04

Hey, Dilly! I saw your first yarnbomb last night! Fantasticola!

Love that new one! Going to go and look for it as soon as I can grin Next time, will take a photo!

PetiteRaleuse Mon 03-Oct-11 07:43:50

Love the yarn bombing idea - I remember the crafts section of the Guardian did a piece on something along those lines a while ago - you should contact them and see if they'll pay you to do a feature on what you're doing!

PetiteRaleuse Mon 03-Oct-11 08:13:48

I have ranted today about Princess Diana, and how the press still keep going on and on and on about her every time Kate Cambridge steps outside here

Bettybeetowers Mon 03-Oct-11 08:21:13

Hi
My blog today is how to make a Marie Antoinette inspired clock plus a great china tea cup candle giveaway
talesfrombettybeetowers.blogspot.com/

FlamingoBingo Mon 03-Oct-11 09:20:18

More today on milk supply on Free Your Parenting.

PetiteRaleuse Mon 03-Oct-11 09:55:35

Interesting FB have commented.

Not saying what I did was right, but just sharing an experience.

MmeGuillotine Mon 03-Oct-11 10:59:01

alarm goes off at mention of Marie Antoinette

MmeLindor. Mon 03-Oct-11 11:22:12

Hello.

Going to make myself a sandwich and settle down to catch up.

100,000 children run away every year in UK and - the saddest statistic I have read this year, I think - only 1/3 of them are reported missing.

How could your child go missing and you don't even bother to report?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now