Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

OK, I want to start blogging but have NO IDEA where to start - help and guidance needed please

(9 Posts)
SoftKittyWarmKitty Thu 22-Sep-11 22:29:43

As above, really. I'm starting from scratch and have been told that Wordpress has lots of features but Blogger is easier to use. Which one do you use and why? And how do I start setting it up? Any advice would be great, thanks.

SoftKittyWarmKitty Thu 22-Sep-11 22:31:24

Oh sorry, realised this area is for MN flogging network members, so will pop off and post in chat instead. smile

butterflyexperience Fri 23-Sep-11 07:01:36

You can stay and ask in here too!
Go with Wordpress take your time to get to know it and enjoy smile

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 23-Sep-11 08:48:09

I'm not a MN blogger (or flogger wink) but I do blog. I use blogger and it is v easy to use (not tried wordpress).

Only way to do it is just start really, I write about my sewing hobby, post on FB/twitter when I update and get more readers that way. smile

TrillianAstra Fri 23-Sep-11 09:15:06

Blogger is easy peasy.

Just sign up and start writing stuff.

Write any old thing.

Then come here and tell us where it is and we'll read it.

TrillianAstra Fri 23-Sep-11 09:15:38

Actually WordPress is not that hard, but for some reason I assumed you were not very computery. Sorry.

FrauLindor Fri 23-Sep-11 10:14:13

I blogged about this recently.

Blogger is (or was) slightly easier to use but has been less stable in last year. WP is becoming more user friendly and you can do a lit more with it.

You can start with blogger and move to WP later, it is easy to import your old posts.

Or go for WP and come and ask if you need help. Even if you are not on the network

JenniferJJ Sun 25-Sep-11 10:42:15

I use Blogger, I find it easy to use and you can customise it quite a lot, although I can't do everything that I want to. For the time being it's fine though.

You just need to sign up and start writing! I'm a new blogger and I'm still finding my voice, so at the moment I'm writing about all sorts of things.

Try not to get obsessed with stats though, if you write an interesting blog then people will find you but it takes time.

chessieinwonderland Thu 06-Oct-11 20:10:20

I was in such a hurry to get to the bathroom after an extended child/elderly relative taxi service, that I managed to tinkle on the cord of my Primark cardi. Which dispite being so very cheap looks quite the part, minus the tinkle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now