Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Wordpress Blogging Instructions with screenshots!

(7 Posts)
FlamingoBingo Sun 18-Sep-11 12:48:00

For anyone brand new to blogging and freaking out a bit about using Wordpress (which is, IMHO, a hundred million times better than Blogger, so worth learning how to use!)

This was initially written for me to give to a client of mine, who I have set up a blog and all social media for, and am about to hand it all over for her to manage, but I intend to write more of these guides.

Wordpress Blogging Instructions

Tee2072 Wed 21-Sep-11 07:05:39

That's very good. I think the only part I would have written differently would be to write it in Notepad or other text program rather than adding the confusion of pasting to the HTML side of Wordpress from Word. But most of my clients panic at the thought of HTML even if I don't give them any code to add! grin

FlamingoBingo Wed 21-Sep-11 09:42:35

Ah, that's a good way of doing it too. But it's useful to know about the html tab, in case you want to copy and paste from something else as well.

Tee2072 Wed 21-Sep-11 12:14:57

Very true!

It's just that I do find anything to do with any sort of code makes none programmers go: shock confused hmm and run around in circles! grin

FlamingoBingo Wed 21-Sep-11 22:31:13

You don't have to use any code, though. Just click on html, paste, click on visual...

Tee2072 Thu 22-Sep-11 06:17:29

Oh I understand that, but the fact that the tab says HTML would worry some of my clients. grin

FlamingoBingo Thu 22-Sep-11 09:52:10

Ah, OK ISWYM grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now