Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Will you blog for Save the Children?

(10 Posts)
MichelleTwinMum Sun 18-Sep-11 00:20:26

Hello all,

Please son't shoot me as you don't recognise me. I have commented here a few times but was tentative until my blog had been approved. I'll come visit more now it is.

But this is really important, far more important than my blog, so wanted to get it straight out there....

Today quite a number of parenting bloggers went to a conference at the Save the Children head office, to say it was moving is an understatement.

On Tuesday there is a UN General Assembly and Save the Children wish to have 60,000 signatures on a petition for more health workers accross the world. There is a 20,000 shortage currently.

Can you join in with this blogger meme to help spread the word?

mdplife.blogspot.com/2011/09/lets-make-chris-proud-will-you-join-us.html

or even just sign the petition yourself - e-activist.com/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=7&ea.campaign.id=11203&ea.param.extras=tracking:website

Thanks so much, Mich x

MmeLindor. Sun 18-Sep-11 12:36:54

Hi there.

Have blogged about this today here.

Will link to your blog.

MichelleTwinMum Sun 18-Sep-11 15:23:28

Thanks so much love, every post to raise awareness counts.

Cheers Mich x

butterflyexperience Sun 18-Sep-11 15:37:01

Hi

Im a bit ignorant in this area so please help educate me if you can smile

I don't understand how blogging can really help apart from make me feel sad. To me helping would be either raising funds that would reach the people who really need it or to be physically there helping. Iyswim?

Or am I missing the point of it all?

MmeLindor. Sun 18-Sep-11 16:50:09

butterfly
The reason for this blog hop is to spread the word - to make people aware of the petition, and to ask them to sign it.

Save The Children are hoping to get 60,000 signatures on the petition so that they can present it to David Cameron on Tuesday.

info here

breadfortheboys Sun 18-Sep-11 20:18:08

Thanks Michelle, I've signed and linked to MmeLindor's post from my personal fb.

MichelleTwinMum Sun 18-Sep-11 21:44:07

Butterfly, I just want to second what MmeLindor said. Bloggers have an amazing amount of influence on people, especially through the medium of twitter.

We need people to sign this petition and if we can inspire an extra one or two to do it and raise awareness of the injustice in our world then that has to be a good thing.

I have just tracked the hashtag on twitter #healthworkers and this was the result - 499 tweets generated 799,002 impressions, reaching an audience of 255,306 followers within the past 24 hours

I think that is pretty amazing and am happy to do my small bit.

Thanks, Mich x

Partyspanner Sun 18-Sep-11 23:16:52

Done

Will start tweeting it tomorrow

Typecast Mon 19-Sep-11 01:39:28

Have already done so HERE

I was so inspired yesterday (I was a member of the "Blogging 101" panel with Mumsnet's Elinor) - I want to write so much but am finding it hard to find the words but, in the same respect, could write so much that it could take over my blog.

KWIM?

ElinorMumsnetBloggers (MNHQ) Mon 19-Sep-11 09:54:33

Thanks for sharing this here, Typecast, MichelleTwinMum and MmeLindor. Every post counts. We'll get the word out and about through the network so more bloggers can learn about this ASAP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now