is anyone else having issues commenting on blogger?

(15 Posts)
misdee Wed 14-Sep-11 12:54:13

it wont let me comment on anyones. really annoying.

OP’s posts: |
butterflyexperience Wed 14-Sep-11 13:43:19

In what way?
Are you able to comment via URL?

Violet5 Wed 14-Sep-11 13:50:51

I am on wordpress and i always have problems commenting on blogger, i get msg's saying i don't own my I.D and then other times it just doesn't send. I press send comment sometimes about 8 times before i get a msg saying comment will appear after approval.
That's the problem i get anyway, don't know if your problem is similar ? it's v frustrating.

FlamingoBingo Wed 14-Sep-11 17:59:26

Hate commenting on blogger blogs sad

MmeLindor. Wed 14-Sep-11 20:44:56

Yes, quite a lot.

Blogger has a lot of problems at the moment. I switched to WP cause I got so annoyed at not being able to post, or not being able to upload pics.

Overreactionoftheweek Thu 15-Sep-11 08:56:42

Ah so this is why my blog's not getting the hundreds of comments it deserves wink

Sounds like a switch over is needed. Is wordpress much better?

FlamingoBingo Thu 15-Sep-11 09:01:40

Yes, wordpress is much better! grin

Once you've set up the blog, you can export everything you've done on blogger already over to the WP blog.

MmeGuillotine Thu 15-Sep-11 09:34:04

I don't usually comment on Blogger blogs as it is so difficult!

I actually started off on Blogger and lasted two posts before I realised that I hated it and it wasn't up to what I wanted to do. I moved off to Wordpress, where I have been ever since.

MmeLindor. Thu 15-Sep-11 09:58:52

I was happy with Blogger for over two years, but then a couple of months ago they had awful problems, as I said earlier. I got so hacked off with them that I moved to Wordpress, and self-hosted there. Am very glad that I did.

Overreactionoftheweek Thu 15-Sep-11 10:14:55

Does self-host mean you have to pay for your site name? ok, will try and move over to wp over the next few days...thanks for the advice everyone

MmeLindor. Thu 15-Sep-11 10:24:57

Overreaction
You can selfhost at wordpress.org or have you blog hosted by wordpress at wordpress.com

So if you self host then your url looks like this: www.saltandcaramel.com

and if you don't your url looks like this: www.wordpress.saltandcaramel.com

Yes, you do have to pay for hosting, but it is not too expensive. I paid:

1 @ 83.40 - Web Hosting (saltandcaramel.com)
1 @ 11.95 - Domain Registration (saltandcaramel.com)
1 @ 9.00 - Domain Privacy (saltandcaramel.com)

That is for the year.

Possibly not worth it unless you know that you will continue blogging, I guess a lot of people start and then get fed up.

FlamingoBingo Thu 15-Sep-11 10:44:01

Its's a little easier with wordpress.com, Overreaction, and you can pay £10 per year for your own domain name so long as the one you want is available.

Mine is hosted by wordpress.com

MmeGuillotine Thu 15-Sep-11 15:50:57

You don't have to self host to have your own URL. I have my blog with Wordpress but pay them a pittance every year to point it at a URL that I also pay for from a hosting company. It costs me about £15 a year in total, I believe so I get to have my own name http://madameguillotine.org.uk but none of the faff of self hosting.

MmeGuillotine Thu 15-Sep-11 15:54:15

I've been with Wordpress for just over two years now and so can't remember why I loathed Blogger so much - I think we just didn't get along. I've never regretted absconding so quickly though as most Blogger users that I know seem to do little but complain about it.

Tee2072 Thu 15-Sep-11 15:55:57

I've never used Blogger but I lurve Wordpress!

And I also rarely post on Blogger blogs because it says I don't have a Wordpress login or other silly stuff.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in