Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

I still cant work out this network

(12 Posts)
NasalCoffeeEnema Thu 25-Aug-11 21:44:32

I've waited a while for other people to see what its all about.
I've clicked on the link and can't see anything really explaining it.

Those of you who joined, what does it involve, what are the benefits etc

or is there another link I've overlooked in my sleepless state

Red2011 Thu 25-Aug-11 22:38:40

Do you mean Mumsnet generally? Or are you talking about another site, Nasal? I don't see a link in your post above so not quite sure what you're having problems with....

NasalCoffeeEnema Thu 25-Aug-11 22:51:09

With the bloggers network

Dont worry about mn I've been on here for 8+ years

FlamingoBingo Fri 26-Aug-11 02:47:24

Nasal, there's a list of what bloggers get out of it on the 'about us' page of the network.

Anyway, from a personal perspective, it's the ability to generate new readers and regular hits - you're getting a wider audience, and some support along with it.

It's only worth joining if you want people to read your blog. If you're blogging for purely personal reasons, then there's probably not that much point. But if you want as many people as possible to be exposed to what you're writing, then joining blogger networks can help.

It involves filling out the registration form and putting the badge on your blog, and that's it.

Red2011 Sun 28-Aug-11 11:32:18

I think FlamingoBingo has explained it perfectly! I blog, but not on here...currently have 3 on the go. Not many readers though but that's fine - it's just a way of ranting/rationalising/showing off for me! smile

NasalCoffeeEnema Sun 28-Aug-11 11:34:57

Ok don't think I'll bother then. Shame because I used to enjoy joining in the blogging threads but as theyre now all on here. I don't want mn connected to my blog though as I have a few people who follow me a bit too much if you get my drift

MmeLindor. Sun 28-Aug-11 15:52:12

You can still join in the threads.

Or use a namechange - the name of your blog perhaps - to register for the Bloggers Network.

That way you keep MN and your blog separate.

NasalCoffeeEnema Sun 28-Aug-11 16:52:12

My normal name and my blog are too closely related (. i'm going to be changing back soon) It does say above that its not for talking about other blogs.
When I say not wanting them linked because of being followed its more coming from my blog to here rather than the other way around (Mum!- she does already on fb) once here it would be quite easy to establish who I am anyway. i've posted my blog on mn a few times before (pretty sure you would recognise it Mme)

MmeLindor. Sun 28-Aug-11 17:57:46

Now trying to work out who you are. Would you PM me.

I see what you mean. My mum knows my posting name, but I think she is not nosy enough (or geeky enough) to search my posts. I hope.

NasalCoffeeEnema Sun 28-Aug-11 18:21:13

Mine made a comment on something I had posted on a wall of something that she could have only have found if she had looked at everything I had commented on on my wall. It wouldnt have come up on hers.

NasalCoffeeEnema Sun 28-Aug-11 18:22:26

I'm metallic and have you on fb grin my blog has a pun on my name

MmeLindor. Sun 28-Aug-11 20:49:49

oh, I am BAD at riddles. Erm. FB. My personal one or my blog one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now