Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Why do so many posts end up on this topic and not where they're meant to be?

(8 Posts)
FlamingoBingo Sat 13-Aug-11 09:56:03

Surely it has the highest number of wrongly-placed posts! Why?

TrillianAstra Sat 13-Aug-11 09:58:31

What, more so than AIBU?

TrillianAstra Sat 13-Aug-11 09:58:57

Or do you mean where the poster really thinks they are posting in the correct topic and a glitch in the computer puts it here?

FlamingoBingo Sat 13-Aug-11 10:29:18

I don't know, Trillian! There just seem to be more posts about completely random things in the blogger topic, than in any other. Don't know if it's a computer glitch, or a user one :D

(and isn't the 'using AIBU wrongly' thing a bit different? IE. ppl not really understanding what it is? You don't get 'which pushchair should I buy?' in AIBU usually, do you?)

Tee2072 Sat 13-Aug-11 20:32:09

I think it's because if the advertising MNHQ have been doing on the network. So people click the network link and then wind up on this topic.

FlamingoBingo Sat 13-Aug-11 21:23:17

Ah, well that makes sense! Maybe MNHQ need to put a link at the top to the main topics and a quick guide to using MN?

ElinorMumsnetBloggers (MNHQ) Mon 15-Aug-11 11:03:51

Hi there. Thanks for flagging this and sorry it's been a bit muddled. blush We're keeping an eye on it - and thanks for the good suggestions on how to manage it.

FlamingoBingo Mon 15-Aug-11 11:31:31

Not a massive problem, but ppl won't get many answers if they post here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now