Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Building your Twitter & FB following

(9 Posts)
foxbasealpha Thu 28-Jul-11 21:46:25

I have a new-ish blog (couple of months) and focus on stuff for kids. I post something every day. I have Twitter and FB and new posts are fed automatically. I usually tweet a couple of times a day (responding to people etc) and comment or post something on FB a couple of times a week.

Just wondering how established bloggers have built up their followings on Twitter and FB? Was it an incremental thing - a couple every day/week? Was it a result of following loads of people? Was it following some kind of publicity (ie. being featured by another blog/print media)? Did you push it through competitions? Did you find FB harder than Twitter?

Very interested in your experiences (and not for PR or stat purposes - more keen to find my audience on these platforms - although that said, VERY envious of the bloggers who have thousands of followers on Twitter. I want that!) Thanks in advance. x

Tee2072 Thu 28-Jul-11 21:49:28

Follow others. Comment on others blogs. Tweet to people directly.

It's all, IMHO, word of mouth. I don't have thousands of followers and I don't want them but I have a nice number. grin

TarynM Thu 28-Jul-11 21:50:02

Not sure, I am in a similar boat though between working, cooking, cleaning and trying not to go bankrupt I don't get to post that often. I will follow you if you follow me.
www.beingmumanddad.com

foxbasealpha Thu 28-Jul-11 21:54:48

Have followed you TarynM - very cute Silent Sunday pics! smile

thefoodschool Fri 29-Jul-11 10:28:52

foxbasealpha, start by putting your blog link up and people could take a look

foxbasealpha Fri 29-Jul-11 17:17:40

thefoodschool, think of it as a theoretical question. what methods effectively build followings on facebook and twitter? i'm interested in the experiences of others.

thefoodschool Fri 29-Jul-11 17:26:14

well if you don't want to put up a link to your blog then fine be theoretical but how i (and others on here) be able to see it and potentially follow it?

MmeLindor. Fri 29-Jul-11 22:06:29

I have a large(ish) twitter following but no idea if that is due to blog. I started tweeting mainly to chat and then realised that it is great to promote blog.

IMO you have to look at it that way. I tend not to follow those who tweet a couple of times a day and then mainly to promote the their blog or website. You do have to tweet about other stuff and interact with people.

I am Mmelindor on twitter so if you follow me, I will follow you back. I am not tweeting as much as I normally do as I am on holiday but normal service will resume next week. Send me a quick tweet to say hello though cause I might not notice you are following. Don't often check my twitter email on phone at the moment.

I have a general How to Tweet post - link on twitter profile and there was a thread a few months ago about twitter so that might help.

foxbasealpha Sat 30-Jul-11 11:48:45

thanks MmeLindor - very helpful. and your post on Twitter is very good too. cheers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now