Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

linking Twitter to my blog

(8 Posts)
pregnantcitygirl Thu 28-Jul-11 17:55:06

Help! Am I really that old that I can't get to grips with Twitter and blogging?!!! I've successfully set up a blog but I'm really not sure what I'm doing in the linking a twitter account to it. My blog is self-hosted through Wordpress. Any suggestions at all really welcome. Is there an especially good 'Blogging for Dummies' link anywhere? My aim is to build a following for my blog as i'd eventually like sponsors. Thanks in advance! Ah, also could someone tell me how to get my twitter username included with my blog address when I post on Mumsnet. Thx again

Tee2072 Thu 28-Jul-11 19:17:36

I used Twitter Tools plug in to connect my blog to my Twitter.

If you send MN an email they'll put your twitter name on the network.

pregnantcitygirl Thu 28-Jul-11 19:40:30

thanks so much. One question down, 999,999 to go! It's really getting to me. Seems like I've spent all afternoon going round in circles. Wordpress interface is so complicated.

Tee2072 Thu 28-Jul-11 20:21:24

Feel free to ask more!

I agree Wordpress can be a bit confusing. I've been using it for awhile, so maybe I can help!

pregnantcitygirl Thu 28-Jul-11 21:33:12

Will do. Ill try to sort out the simple tedious stuff on my own first! One last stupid one; I can't seem to even work out where to see if I have any followers. I see comments but nothing more. Perhaps it's because I have none as yet! Thx again

Tee2072 Thu 28-Jul-11 21:46:08

There is no follow feature on self hosted Wordpress blogs. So the only way people are following you is if they add you via RSS and you wouldn't know that.

At least I've never found a follow feature! I suppose there might be a plugin for it!!

pregnantcitygirl Thu 28-Jul-11 21:53:42

ok thx. Well if by any miracle I find one I'll let you know!

FlamingoBingo Mon 01-Aug-11 08:31:12

Follow features on blogs aren't such a big deal anyway, as lots of people don't 'follow' but use an RSS feed reader, as Tee said.

You can get 'subscribers' on wordpress.com blogs

Make sure you use twitter for chatting, as well as advertising blog posts - you'll get far more twitter followers that way - it's about building up relationships.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now