Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Search engine terms people have used to find your blog

(57 Posts)
DirtyMartini Fri 24-Jun-11 16:34:48

I had my first good 'un yesterday:

"why are ladies feel bad when their navel are gazed by men"

hmm

I thought it might be handy to have a thread where we can make a note of them now and again, whether for pure comedy value, or just general interest in how people are finding our blogs.

TrilllianAstra Fri 24-Jun-11 16:36:26

How do you find out?

TrilllianAstra Fri 24-Jun-11 16:37:29

And did you answer the question?

ShirleyKnot Fri 24-Jun-11 16:39:28

grin

I had an "Edamame addiction" but I wasn#t surew wherther that was down to someione just looking for my blog again or not. ALso had a "Hobbycraft chocolate cigarillos"

Pretty boring really.

TrilllianAstra Fri 24-Jun-11 16:40:29

Mmm, edamame

ShirleyKnot Fri 24-Jun-11 16:41:47

IK KNOW RIGHT?

GOd they're briollainmt

DirtyMartini Fri 24-Jun-11 16:52:53

I think in time, we will get more good ones.

Trillian: the Wordpress stats page lists search terms. I can't see what search engine the person used or anything about them that might be identifiable though - I just know someone typed that in and then clicked through to my blog.

Usually most of mine are to do with the names of people I've mentioned in passing ... v dull

Tee2072 Fri 24-Jun-11 17:34:34

I have a Google Analytics account. There are several WordPress plug ins that let you use that if anyone is interested.

My most hmm once right now is "breastarants"! hmm 4 people thought that was a valid search term!!!!

TrilllianAstra Fri 24-Jun-11 17:39:28

It's a word in the US apparently. Think Hooters only less sophisticated. There's probably a "u" in it though.

DirtyMartini Fri 24-Jun-11 17:58:59

Ooh yes Tee, I would love to use GA! I thought we couldn't use it on WordPress. Is installing a plugin tricky at all, because I'm not very up on doing anything complex with code etc - would love to have a go though...

Tee2072 Fri 24-Jun-11 18:03:34

It's easy peasy to add a plug in! That's why I think Wordpress is better than blogger.

I'm on my phone so can't look at my back office at the minute but after a small boy goes to sleep I'll look at which one I use.

Empusa Fri 24-Jun-11 18:10:37

Damn, all of mine are sensible! Should I write a weirder blog maybe?

DirtyMartini Fri 24-Jun-11 18:13:28

Oh wait hang on, Tee, are you with WP.org? I am with common-or-garden WP.com ... I think that may be the crucial difference.

Sorry, don't waste your time looking anything up for me if I've got this right - don't think I can do anything with it sad

Tee2072 Fri 24-Jun-11 18:16:24

No, WP.com. There are actually more plugins for .com than .org.

Actually, I'm on my own domain, but it's through .com.

Finished dinner early, BTW, I wish small boy was already in bed. grin

I use Google Analyticator, but like I said, there's a million if you go to Plugins - Add new - and search for Google Analytics. You'll need a google account, if you don't already have one, but that's free!

ShirleyKnot Fri 24-Jun-11 19:42:00

HMMMMMMM

<ponders>

Shall I start a thread for us to all chat on? Because I've also been wondering about that "get feedback" thingy on wordpress...I'm writing a blog ATM about a haunted cottage (!) I stayed in last year and I kind of want to show the people who were there before I publish it...

Shall I just start a chat thread? (By that I mean a thread on "bloggers" where we can talk about this sort of stuff? IYKWIM? wine)

Tee2072 Fri 24-Jun-11 19:47:34

I am not sure I understand what you mean Shirley, but go ahead and start the thread!!

ShirleyKnot Fri 24-Jun-11 19:59:24

Sorry Tee, what I meant was...shall I start a thread where we can chat about the MECHANICS of blogging? Tips and Bits?

DYKWIM?

Tee2072 Fri 24-Jun-11 20:03:38

Now I'm following you! Sounds like a good idea, actually.

DirtyMartini Fri 24-Jun-11 20:16:48

yy

ScatCatShoo Sun 26-Jun-11 04:47:29

LOL, I had 'annoying orange' once... have no idea how that pertained to me.

MmeLindor. Sun 26-Jun-11 23:16:43

I had a really sad one once, "counseling after death of a child"

At the moment I have loads of measles search terms.

I often get 'hot chicks'. I imagine the disappointment as the horny perv gets directed to my chicken blog, complete with close up pics of various poultry ailments.

ShirleyKnot Thu 30-Jun-11 14:38:22

"cakes with spanner or pen" this week. confused

MmeLindor. Fri 01-Jul-11 21:10:41

"Get a job Switzerland for wife"

and

"Judy Finnegan boob flash"

Sorry, Judy.

ShirleyKnot Sat 02-Jul-11 11:19:54

Hahahaha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now