Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

have you got experience with giving your kids herbal teas ?

(6 Posts)
andreaberlin Wed 22-Jun-11 14:05:20

Message deleted

tallwivglasses Thu 23-Jun-11 00:14:01

Er no, but I'd have liked to hear what you had to say about it.

LaurieO Fri 24-Jun-11 12:44:29

Hello,

Yes. I started giving my 14 year old daughter herbal teas when she was around 8 years old. I started with fruity ones that were more 'accessible'. I used a bit of honey to sweeten it.

She drinks green tea from time to time. She's happy to drink it every day, but at the moment she is opting to drink peppermint tea. She's never gotten used to coffee or 'normal' tea.

Hope this helps.

Frugalfamily Thu 28-Jul-11 21:47:48

My eight year old has peppermint tea more than she has normal tea. Our cupboard is like a rainbow of fruity teas and we rarely have normal tea now as I just can't get used to the taste of it again after herbal tea.

AandK Thu 28-Jul-11 21:52:54

My son drinks red bush tea every night its caffine free so it helps get him to sleep and he also drinks nettle tea while on cub camp and loves it apparently.

I am wondering why your message has been deleted

hippienation Sat 30-Jul-11 10:41:25

i give a few drops off camomile tea on is milk when he is ill,or when he has a bit more wind in his tummy,and some of my friens do it as well...i started giving it to him since he was 8 month old,now he is 3 years old...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now