Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

A thread to share latest posts on our blogs

(972 Posts)
MmeLindor. Tue 24-May-11 18:20:49

Anyone?

I will start off with a link to my latest post, a part of the story of Beth (formerly known as Dora) who moved to Geneva to escape a relationship turned sour.

This is NOT me, by the way. I have drawn on my knowledge of Geneva but it is not an autobiograpy smile

Tee2072 Wed 25-May-11 17:46:07

I was rushing around the house the other day and this word salad popped into my head!

MmeLindor. Wed 25-May-11 21:39:29

Tee
tried to comment, but the comment just disappeared

MmeLindor. Wed 25-May-11 21:40:09

ok, tried again, but it said that I had already commented.

OhMammy Thu 26-May-11 14:58:30

Waiting on approval but have a blogspot address.

http://omammy.blogspot.com/2011/05/uh-oh-and-so-it-begins.html

CakenTea Thu 26-May-11 20:56:38

Here's my latest post!

cakeandteablog.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/the-one-with-the-window-cleaner-and-the-shame/

Come and share my embarrassment!!!

MmeLindor. Tue 31-May-11 14:21:43

CakenTea
That is fab, I love it.

OhMammy
Good post. I am dreading the teenage years, seems my DD is already in pre-teen angsty state already. She can roll her eyes like a pro too.

Killer Cucumbers is my latest post

Tee2072 Tue 31-May-11 14:24:14

First comment on my blog I have to approve, Mme. Now you can just comment. It's to help catch SPAM.

MmeLindor. Tue 31-May-11 14:24:54

Didn't it work the first time?

SoupDragon Tue 31-May-11 14:25:46

Good lord... I"ve not updated mine for months blush

MmeLindor. Tue 31-May-11 14:26:05

Oh, sorry. Had you confused with CakenTea

MmeLindor. Tue 31-May-11 14:27:12

tut tut, SoupDragon

Go and write something now.

Tee2072 Tue 31-May-11 14:27:39

Really funny cakenTea!!

my latest about my hands

Tee2072 Tue 31-May-11 14:30:26

Interesting post MmeLindor. I am still eating cucumbers!!!

DirtyMartini Sat 04-Jun-11 20:22:12

Hey, all. My request to join the network is pending but hopefully it's still ok to link here?

My blog

I am still a bit wary of linking my RL/blogging identity (it is still anonymous but lots of RL friends know it) with my MN identity (which nobody in RL knows as far as I am aware). I'm getting used to the idea, but there are times when it troubles me as I don't want to lose the freedom to talk about random semi-embarrassing stuff on MN.

But, whatever. I could do with more traffic grin

Mme, I forgot to tell you that we really enjoyed the pizza we made from your blog post recipe. I'll need to visit the page and comment accordingly!

DirtyMartini Sat 04-Jun-11 20:24:06

Sorry, that link waI just posted was to my latest post, not just my blog generally. And it is about a seventeenth-century female ancestor of mine in America smile

I posted it last night at about 11:30 after several hours of furious reading/Googling and skipping dinner to get it done, and of course nobody was around to notice the automatic tweet or FB post, so nobody is reading it <sigh>.

DirtyMartini Sat 04-Jun-11 20:34:14

ha! Tee, I just read your last post and then your "about" page; you and I are the same nationality and both our ds's have the same name. And here we both are on this thread grin

MmeLindor. Sun 05-Jun-11 13:50:07

Will read your blogs later, got visitors coming shortly but wanted to put up my latest rant ahem.. blog post about the P&G ad.

here

butterflyexperience Tue 07-Jun-11 19:51:08

My latest post..
Bad Parenting Days

ShirleyKnot Thu 09-Jun-11 18:52:12

<waves>

I think I'm getting the hang of it! Hooray!

Not been accepted to be a MN blogger (think my blog might be a bit too sweary/not parenty enough- which is fine <doorslam>)

So, my latest blog is here

ShirleyKnot Thu 09-Jun-11 18:53:00

Oh and MMe Lindt - I loved your post about P&G. Totally on the nose.

DirtyMartini Thu 09-Jun-11 19:12:05

Oh, do the blogs have to be parenty in focus? Arse, mine isn't. I haven't had an explicit rejection, just no reply since the 'thanks for applying' email. Did they actually get in touch with you to say, sorry it's a no?

Will look at yours tomorrow, Shirls and Mme. It will be my first chance to do blog stuff this week.

ShirleyKnot Thu 09-Jun-11 19:15:30

uh, I don't think I even got a "thanks for replying" email.

They probably thought I was whining about a troll or something grin

I need to look at yours DirtyMartini too.

I had a thread, helping me set something up, and I explained on there that blogs have become my night time reading.

DirtyMartini Thu 09-Jun-11 19:32:01

Hmm, I thought what I got was an automated reply when I applied; if so, and if you didn't get the same thing, maybe there's been a technical hiccup? It seems odd of them to encourage people to join the bloggers' network and then not even acknowledge you when you do.

I get the impression there are still a few little teething issues with the whole MN blogging scene, which would be fair enough I guess, as it is all quite new.

Humph, though, if we are not allowed to join for not being target-markety enough.

I've been exploring blogs of an evening too, tis good fun. But not this week, as I've unfortunately spent my evenings proofreading in dim light and then flopping into bed all headachey. Haven't been on Twitter either. <slaps own wrist>

ShirleyKnot Fri 10-Jun-11 09:28:00

I was only kidding about the "target market" DM!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now