Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Time to Blog

(20 Posts)
butterflyexperience Sun 24-Apr-11 21:17:37

How do you fit it in?

There is so much I want to write about and I am finding some amazing Blogs I want to read but I dont feel I have the time or concentration to do them justice.

I have 2 young children and at the end of the day when they are asleeo, I am too pooped to give anything any real brain power.

So how do you keep on top of it all?

FattyAcid Mon 25-Apr-11 19:22:08

be a sahm with school age kids, this should give you some free time?

butterflyexperience Mon 25-Apr-11 19:39:22

My kids are pre-school age.
Are you a blogger Fatty?

FattyAcid Tue 26-Apr-11 16:50:49

nope
would like to be but no time!
too many hours spent in paid employment is my main problem!

bronze Tue 26-Apr-11 16:56:08

I have days when I don't have enough energy but then my blog isn't one that involves much brainpower anyway. I do it after dinner while dh is watching tv

butterflyexperience Wed 27-Apr-11 15:48:13

Bronze I think you have the right idea blog while everyone else is occupied!

Fatty this is a Blogger topic area, not a paid employment VS SAHM debate.

Tee2072 Wed 27-Apr-11 15:52:05

I blog after my son is in bed or when he's sleeping.

I'm still waiting to hear if I've been accepted as a member of the MN blogging network...

BetterTogether Wed 27-Apr-11 16:41:01

I write mine after dinner once kids are in bed too. Sometimes I'm too tired so skip a day, but try not too skip too often as then I have a zillion photos I want to post!

Ps. only just noticed there's a blogger topic!! smile

butterflyexperience Wed 27-Apr-11 16:44:42

BetterTogether & Tee2072 would you mind posting your blog urls in the Introduction thread?

thanks

Tee2072 Wed 27-Apr-11 16:47:58

I would butterfly, but doesn't it say up at the top that this topic is for members of the bloggers network? I am not officially a member yet!!

Or am I being too pedantic? grin

And can you link to the 'introduction thread'?

butterflyexperience Wed 27-Apr-11 17:03:09

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/bloggers/1200678-Introductions

Saw that after I had posted!

LizDawes Wed 04-May-11 11:23:03

My new blog post - what do you wish for your children? Our Common Journey.

beth-multuminparvo.blogspot.com

LatteLady Sat 14-May-11 18:33:12

I tend to blog early in the morning before work or if I have time I will write up a couple of posts and set them up as automatic updates. Don't get bent out of shape about blogging everyday, do it one or twice a week but try to do it on the same days so that your readers think... Ooh it's Friday, XXX will post today.

butterflyexperience Sun 15-May-11 20:55:44

Good idea LatteLAdy about having set days to help build a relationship with readers.

LizDawes Wed 08-Jun-11 13:36:24

My new blog post - an apology for letting down a friend. A lesson I can now never forget.

beth-multuminparvo.blogspot.com/

ShirleyKnot Thu 09-Jun-11 18:56:15

I've only just started blogging, but I seem to be a bit of a "fits and starts" kind of blogger.

So, what I'm doing is when I'm up for it and have a good chunk of time free, I write several...er, what's the proper name? Posts?...and then publish them over a few days.

Or I start a few drafts - so I don't forget the ideas and then fill them in when a bit of free time emerges.

But as I say, I'm VERY new to all this - Loving doing it though!

LizDawes Mon 27-Jun-11 21:55:59

White lace and promises - my new blog post. Hope you like it.

beth-multuminparvo.blogspot.com/

Tee2072 Tue 28-Jun-11 08:48:35

Liz, we have a thread for new posts if you want to put that over there here

EdnaTheInebriate Tue 28-Jun-11 08:54:30

My blog is a show case for my work too so i need to keep mine up - tend to do it in the evening though as i work during school hours.

butterflyexperience Tue 28-Jun-11 10:42:42

Gah I have really fallen behind blogging, finding that I'm busy with kids and DH at the end of the day.

Need to be more disaplined with fitting everything in but I find if I put pressure on myself to blog then I can't write anything decent just waffle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now