Talk

Advanced search

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Hello Bloggers. Have you joined the MN Blogger Network yet?

(32 Posts)
MmeLindt Thu 21-Apr-11 01:11:10

Hmm? I am waiting for MNHQ to approve my application. Do I need to bribe with chocolate, do you think?

eastendmummy Thu 21-Apr-11 02:02:34

Ooh I saw that yesterday and will try to join. You've also reminded me to update my blog - it's been a crap week with ill children so haven't had the time. I love your blog btw!

spamm Thu 21-Apr-11 02:12:10

MMeLindt - you have managed the impossible and made me miss Switzerland with your blog! Great writing - I will follow from now on!

MmeSurvivedLent Thu 21-Apr-11 08:16:16

Hurrah. Thanks for compliments. Am not home at the mo so neglecting blog this week.

I love CH, Spamm. Did you live there?

hambo Fri 22-Apr-11 23:14:55

Im waiting too....exciting!

spamm Sat 23-Apr-11 03:42:30

Mme Lindt -Sorry, been away. I grew up just outside Morges, in a village called Apples. I know CH very well, but now live in the US, via the UK for 14 years. I have never really missed CH, it is a beautiful place and a fantastic place to grow up, but did not want to stay there as an adult. Felt it was too oppressive, although I am sure it is changing all the time.

butterflyexperience Sun 24-Apr-11 21:01:43

<waves at MmeLindt>

Just applied now!
Very exciting.
I wonder what the Blogger Club will all be about

bronze Tue 26-Apr-11 16:57:15

Been off mn for a while. what is the bloggers network thing?

Tee2072 Tue 26-Apr-11 17:06:45

I applied but not heard anything, I assume because of the holidays.

butterflyexperience Wed 27-Apr-11 15:51:14

I had an email from MNHQ saying they are catching up due to holidays, so perhaps we will hear somthing next week.

RubberDuck Wed 27-Apr-11 15:53:32

Link please?

RubberDuck Wed 27-Apr-11 15:54:06

Ah never mind, apparently having a sore throat means my eyes don't work grin

RubberDuck Wed 27-Apr-11 15:55:08

Hmm, does the blog itself have to be about parenting? Mine's veered away from that now the kids are older.

bronze Wed 27-Apr-11 15:55:33

It's at the top here

Am going to apply now

bronze Wed 27-Apr-11 15:58:11

Actually having got further into the process I'm not aso ssure I want to.

It makes me feel uncomfortable

RubberDuck Wed 27-Apr-11 16:00:58

Yes, I'm concerned that real name is effectively linked to it - doesn't help that I use a different pseudonym and email address for my blog.

I suspect that this will get convoluted, fast!

onesandwichshort Wed 27-Apr-11 16:04:37

I agree; don't want my blog very linked to my MN persona either. And it's about graphic design, so don't suppose it's going to grab a huge MN audience in any case...

Tee2072 Wed 27-Apr-11 16:30:48

I think the real name part is for MNHQ, but I could be wrong. I do think it's a bit vague on that, although I don't personally care since my Blog is Tee's Blog. grin

But I can see how some might want to keep MN and their blog separate.

Onesandwichshort, I'm a Graphic designer, I would love to see your blog if you wouldn't mind PMing me a link?

MmeSurvivedLent Wed 27-Apr-11 20:46:44

sorry, am not around much at the moment. in PIL purgatory at present.

My name is the same on blog and here, so not bothered about that, but did not even occur to me that MNHQ would link in real names.

spamm
morges is a charming little place, across the water from where we are. would love to live in a village called apples. How sweet.

MmeLindt Mon 02-May-11 12:59:59

Phew. Escaped from PILs and am back home.

Has anyone had a reply from MNHQ yet?

overmydeadbody Tue 03-May-11 08:20:14

I just joined and am awaiting approval.

overmydeadbody Tue 03-May-11 08:21:32

bronze why does it make you feel uncomfortable? You have me worried now...

bronze Tue 03-May-11 08:34:29

I don't know it just felt like mn were too involved in my blog
more gut than anything

butterflyexperience Tue 03-May-11 09:00:37

I also have not heard back from them, however have noticed them having a clean up on the Bloggers topic.

Perhaps we will hear this week.

BigBadMummy Tue 03-May-11 13:44:14

Waving too. Recently started blogging, and only just seen this new corner of MN.

Have applied too.

Sitting up straight and waiting for Miss to let me know if I am in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now