Talk

Advanced search

Due in March 2010 - based in Bury. Antenatal classes advice?

(4 Posts)
Cath1982 Mon 04-Jan-10 17:44:47

Hi All,
I am completely new to this site so no idea what to do and if I am doing this right!

My official due date is 01/03/2010 (got put back a couple of weeks at the scan!). Having a nightmare pregnancy as still being sick - but keep telling myself she will be worth the trouble!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice re antenatal classes and whether to go with private ones or NHS ones at my local hospital, or if to not bother??? I have read countless magazines, baby books, websites etc and im sure everything will go completely out of my head when i do actually go into labour anyway! But everyone tells me they are a great way to meet people. Does anyone live in the Bury/Manchester area in Lancs? Im keen to meet other mums-to-be or new mums.

Help!!!!

x

OP’s posts: |
MrsMalcolmTucker Mon 04-Jan-10 21:11:07

Hi - I don't live in the area, but I would recommend the NHS ones for the information. I didn't meet anyone at mine, but I did make some great friends in the postnatal group that my local health centre ran.

I felt a bit more prepared having gone to the NHS ones, and they were free, so I'd say it's worth it.

underactivethyroidmum Wed 06-Jan-10 10:21:26

Hi Cath 1982 - I'm in snowy Bolton and also due in March (15th)

Where are you going to have your baby ?

Cath1982 Thu 07-Jan-10 15:48:06

Hi,

Im in snowy Tottington!!!! Horrible this weather as totally snowed in and house bound.

Planning on having the baby at Fairfield Hospital in Bury.

x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in