Due in December 05 - thread 5

(599 Posts)
ninah Mon 27-Jun-05 16:25:21

hello - we made it!

OP’s posts: |
Nemo1977 Mon 27-Jun-05 16:25:51

yayyyyyyyyyy 2nd trimester here we come

goldenoldie Mon 27-Jun-05 16:47:59

Check out the c-section vs Vag. delivery debate in the Childbirth section. Thread caled 'how do I get a c-section'. It's getting heated!...........

I'm nearly 17 weeks now - how many weeks is everyone else?

ninah Mon 27-Jun-05 16:49:47

oh nooooo
it's too HOT for heated!
can't see the exit protocol matters much tbh (hoping for QUICK and COMFORTABLE tho)

ninah Mon 27-Jun-05 16:52:30

oh yeah, swym!

dramaqueen72 Mon 27-Jun-05 16:57:32

.er..guys, I've just chatted away on the last thread! thanks for warning me!!

george32 Mon 27-Jun-05 17:12:02

Hurrah, new 2nd trimester thread
Does it officially start at 14 weeks or 13, got myself a bit confused?

Shall I do a link over here from the old thread. I only found it by accident (I wondered where all the messages had gone when I clicked on it!)

Nemo1977 Mon 27-Jun-05 17:45:36

week 13 is second trimester
I am 15+3 today

Bonkerz Mon 27-Jun-05 17:56:18

HOORAH

HERES WISHING US ALL A GLOWING 2ND TRIMESTER AND A FAST LOW PAIN BIRTH IN DECEMBER.

((SIGH)) Some days i feel fine (like today) and some days i am really bad!! Dont know how far i am along could be 13+5 or 13+1. DS took freds pic to school today and showed ANYONE who would look!! He is 4 and convinced its a boy!!

Got a tummy tub today, am building up a nice little collection of practical items. It feels so good!!

starrynight Mon 27-Jun-05 18:10:56

I for one won't be joining that debate - I made that mistake once before (my first ever attempt on mumsnet) and got attacked. From what I can tell there are people out there with major issues and they don't give a monkeys about jumping on anyone who disagrees with them. I advise to steer well clear.

I am 14+6 today (yippee). OTOH it means I should have been glowing for a couple of weeks now - has yet to happen...

ebbie22 Mon 27-Jun-05 18:19:39

Im 16 + 2.....HOW IS EVERYONE TODAY?

goldenoldie Mon 27-Jun-05 19:28:39

Been told that Mothercare and Blooming Marvelous both have sales on - not that I've managed to get there.........

dramaqueen72 Mon 27-Jun-05 20:37:40

so what does everyones four year (begged borrowed or stolen) say youre having? its a boy here apparently.
and george, toilet paper at the ready, think tomorrow is going to be our first 'toilet paper tuesday'
so just read that all back and decided i have totally lost it already! never mind. .....

can you all indulge me in your chosen names for this baby when it gets here? would love to hear them, have a thing about names

expatinscotland Mon 27-Jun-05 20:53:43

15 weeks+1 here.

Nemo1977 Mon 27-Jun-05 20:57:39

Dq our boys name will 99% be joshua logan joshua my choice logan dhs and im not fussy on it but at least its a middle name.

Girls is another story
we quite like ava-may,Rebecca, hannah so who knows..lol

thats another reason why i think its a boy as ds was the same we had his name [adam david] picked well in advance. Never been very good on girls names...other old choices were
niamh, caitlin, bethan,sophie/sophia

expatinscotland Mon 27-Jun-05 20:58:53

Have no idea what this baby's gender is, not going to find out, and have no names picked out. Well, have a girl one, but no boy one.

starrynight Mon 27-Jun-05 20:59:46

No, we are none the wiser about names really. But we will hopefully find out the sex at the next scan (beginning of August.)

starrynight Mon 27-Jun-05 21:03:15

Every time I get on this thread I kill it

MINNIE1 Mon 27-Jun-05 21:04:12

wahaaaaaa we have done it girls 2nd trimester...

Today i am 13+4 and feeling every bit from all the stupid things i have been doing!!! But also lovin it.. hehe

Starry,
Brill news on your scan, really happy for you. I ws a little disapointed that i wasnt having twins dont know why!! and i havent even got one yet!!!!! I blame the hormones!

Hope all is well with everyone

Minnie1

starrynight Mon 27-Jun-05 21:08:35

"I ws a little disapointed that i wasnt having twins dont know why!! and i havent even got one yet!!!!!"

I think the answer to the first part is the 2nd part! lol. Loads of people I know wanted twins before having one then said after "I must have been mad". Apart from DH who has had his fingers crossed for twins!? No offence, goldenoldie I don't know what i'd do if I found out I was going to be mum of 5 rather than 4!!!

MINNIE1 Mon 27-Jun-05 21:14:28

starrynight
very true.. My sister is in for her first scan tomor... Now she would die if she was having twin as she already has a 7 month old along with 2 older ones!!

starrynight Mon 27-Jun-05 21:15:48

How far apart will her youngest 2 be? Mine were 12 and a half months and it was fine! All the scaremongering prepared me for the worse and it was generally absolutely fine!

MINNIE1 Mon 27-Jun-05 21:19:45

there will be 13 months between them, Bloody hell thats two under two... But this is the last and i think she likes the idea of having all the babies over and done with by the time she is 35..

Thomcat Mon 27-Jun-05 21:25:53

Evening ladies, hope all is well.

Feeling leavy and tight and tired. Big weekend, dancing, walking, etc. Went to a wedding all day Sat and Blenheim Palace on Sunday and finally got home 10pm last night. Thought the evening sickness was back but just tired, I hope.

So any appts that you girls should be sharing with the group?
My 1st midwife appt is on 15th July and I've got 20 wk scan on 9 Aug.

MINNIE1 Mon 27-Jun-05 21:28:19

We just found a hedgehog out our back garden!! only a little baby one! really cute
TC,
Hope you have the feet up after your wkend..

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in