Talk

Advanced search

The Sanctuary - London

(29 Posts)
ChaCha Thu 07-Apr-05 11:56:54

Has anyone been to the Sanctuary in London, and what do you recommend? A frend and I were thinking of going for the afternoon. What is good for pregnancy (first trimester)..
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
CPT Thu 07-Apr-05 12:02:29

ChaCha - The Sanctuary is a lovely place to go...but I would make sure you are in second trimester as most places won't let you have any treatments etc till then

CPT

KVG Thu 07-Apr-05 12:03:46

Message withdrawn

snafu Thu 07-Apr-05 12:18:12

A friend treated me to a day there a couple of years ago. We had a lovely time and none of the probs KVG experienced, luckily. We had the treatment where you go into a chamber and smear each other with mud - can't remember what it's called though! - plus a massage. Just a nice lazy day. You will need to check what they would allow you to have in first trimester though.

DillyDally Thu 07-Apr-05 12:19:45

I have been to the sanctuary a few times and though it is nice, there are nicer places where you just pay for the treatments. There are also special Mums to be type packages available from places
I have just googled - (I love spas) and found this place but have never been
www.earth-spa.co.uk
Or how about the agua spa at the sanderson...I REALLY want to try the milk and honey treatment and they have a mothers to be package

lisalisa Thu 07-Apr-05 12:44:07

Message withdrawn

victoriapeckham Thu 07-Apr-05 12:49:08

Sanctuary is over rated and complacent. Last time I went - overcrowded, "Hot tubs' were cold, steam doors and sauna doors didn t shut properly, ill maintained elsewhere. Conveyor belt not luxury experience. If you just want treatments - not pools and jacuzzis - i ve heard Aveda salon is gorgeous.

onlineid Thu 07-Apr-05 13:29:14

Message withdrawn

victoriapeckham Thu 07-Apr-05 13:59:17

I don t care for treatments. I just wish there was somewhere in central London where you could go for a damn fine Turkish bath and soak in hot water (without having to join a club)

hoxtonchick Thu 07-Apr-05 13:59:44

ironmonger row vp

hoxtonchick Thu 07-Apr-05 14:01:02

here

bundle Thu 07-Apr-05 14:04:03

porchester baths?

hoxtonchick Thu 07-Apr-05 14:07:23

hello bundle

bundle Thu 07-Apr-05 14:09:18

having a nice lunch of tuna, chips and salad..just before my mammoth afternoon of recording/editing. how's your day?

hoxtonchick Thu 07-Apr-05 14:10:07

i'm ill, double ear infection. so at home, nice & relaxed. am a bit pissed off to actually be in pain though....

victoriapeckham Thu 07-Apr-05 14:10:47

Thanks HC and Bundle. I may check out Ironmonger's (nearer than Porchester for me) I used to swim there as student and was quite grim: has it been done up, I wonder?

bundle Thu 07-Apr-05 14:11:19

double??? both??? one of my workmates has had 2 ear infections - one after the other - and mega-ab's, left her tummy upset and having to get her mil to look after her girls she was so wiped out by it. poor you!

hoxtonchick Thu 07-Apr-05 14:11:59

it was quite clean last time i went there vp but it was a while ago. i also haven't actually used the turkish bath as it would be my idea of hell, but plenty of friends with high standards think it's great!

bundle Thu 07-Apr-05 14:12:55

i went to one in turkey, it was fabulous..even the man scrubbing you down with a rough cloth and bar of cabolic didn't put me off

hoxtonchick Thu 07-Apr-05 14:12:58

yeah, both ears, what's that all about. dr v. sympathetic & gave me lots of antibiotics, but still. pregnancy really messes up my immune system.

bundle Thu 07-Apr-05 14:16:05

has your eardrum burst? now that's bloody awful...

motherinferior Thu 07-Apr-05 14:27:42

<peeks in from office computer while waiting for copy to proof>

you poor LOVE.

hoxtonchick Thu 07-Apr-05 14:51:22

oh aren't you all lovely. no burst eardrum. yet. MI, get back to work!

bundle Thu 07-Apr-05 15:01:57

aprilmeadow Fri 08-Apr-05 12:15:13

Hi Chacha, My friend and i went to the Sanctuary in Feb. Was a fantastic day. I was 31 wks pg at the time.

I did the mum-to-be package £125 inc entry, use of all pools, saunas, 2 course lunch (very yummy) and x1 treatment. With the Spa packages you get a free gift worth approx £10. They wont offer treatments unless you are between 12 and 32 weeks pg. We went on Mon-Thurs package deal, not to busy, we had booked an additional treatment each and even managed to book up a 3rd once we had arrived. They have a board showing the types of treatments available to book on the day. If you look at their website they show what treatments are suitable for mums to be. Although i do reccommend the hydrotherm massage - you lie on your back on a heated water-filled pillow - bliss!!

We had such a fab time that we are planning to go back very soon!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in