Talk

Advanced search

May 2020 - where we get our 12 wks scan and wave goodbye to 1st trimester. hello 2nd trimester

(85 Posts)
AmIseeingRight Thu 03-Oct-19 20:26:08

@mintbear I haven't posted on FB yet. I find the whole thing too busy there are over 100 people. With DC1 my FB was smaller and I've still kept in touch with some of the ladies.

Tbh, I don't see much point of the FB this early. Hopefully with time it will get into a nice flow.

@Sunshine8888 excited for the 12 wks scan and as bad as it sound I can't wait for 1st trimester to be over, I'm over the sickness and all day nausea. I think it's worse this time round as I'm older or maybe my mind just forgot this phase 🥴.

Also 1000 post so time for a new thread! WoW

Brisgirl Sun 13-Oct-19 08:45:13

@mollysmummy1970 how exciting!

@Skiaddicted thanks! Have tried looking but can’t find that one any more - is it now secret?

MrsFoggy82 Mon 14-Oct-19 07:37:27

Hi All

Can I join please? I'm 8 +6 roughly

Finding the Facebook group a bit much, too much like Girlsmouth for me atm, my last one is much smaller (still v active with the addition of a very chatty whatsapp group). Maybe I'm just old and grumpy now! 😂

Skiaddicted Mon 14-Oct-19 08:26:42

Oh it might be secret now, yes! Cant say ive been in it much lately as it got too big!

Sunshine8888 Mon 14-Oct-19 08:50:18

I’ve only just found this thread sorry!

I’m 11+1 today, feel like I’m nearly there now after the longest 12 weeks ever!

Having harmony test on weds and trying to rearrange my 12 week scan which is meant to be Sunday afternoon but I’m away 😬

Purple29 Wed 16-Oct-19 04:38:51

Hi,
Just found this thread, I am 8+5 today, it's my first pregnancy a d behave been trying for a long time, came as a very pleasant surprise!!! I am soooo anxious, its keeping me awake. My symptoms come and go, other than tender boobs, fatigue and some food aversion. How does everyone get over this a pious feeling? I have an early scan booked for a week on monday and plan to tell people soon after!!

Just feel like I have no one to talk to about pregnancy, my DH is military and deployed soon after we found out!!

ChaoticKate Wed 16-Oct-19 14:00:25

I’m also finding the Facebook group a bit full on. It’s very different to my last group, maybe everything moved across to Facebook a little early. I had my booking in appointment today and have been told I’ll be under consultant led care with extra growth scans because my last baby was small for gestational age and I had gestational diabetes. I was also booked straight in for the Glucose Tolerance Test to see if the diabetes has come back so I’ve got that tomorrow. I’m optimistic that it hasn’t because I don’t have the constant unquenchable thirst I had last time. Fingers crossed!!

mollysmummy1970 Wed 16-Oct-19 22:33:25

Had my second scan on Sunday! They bumped my dates up a bit so now 11+2. Got my booking in app on Monday and my 12 week scan next Monday so all go!

Also took my 5 year old boy to the scan and he was absolutley delighted to be getting a brother or sister, his wee face just lit up he's so excited.

AmIseeingRight Thu 17-Oct-19 04:08:29

Hi ladies had my 12 wks scan & downs testing yesterday. All good & I'm measuring ahead so moved my due date to 30 April 2020 but please let me stay 😊.

Sunshine8888 Thu 17-Oct-19 08:32:25

@AmIseeingRight I just got moved forward 3 days too so we are now due date buddies! Congrats 💕 can you believe we’ve made it to 12 weeks?!

Sunshine8888 Thu 17-Oct-19 08:33:19

Yay congrats @mollysmummy1970 💕

Skiaddicted Thu 17-Oct-19 08:50:33

Oh 12 week scans galore, amazing! Have you all decided if you will find out the sex?

Sunshine8888 Thu 17-Oct-19 09:54:02

@Skiaddicted I should find out next week when I get my harmony results 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻💙💖

Skiaddicted Thu 17-Oct-19 11:49:25

Eeek @sunshine8888 how exciting! Im so sure ours will be another boy, im happy either way but boy is easier with sharing clothes but harder with names 🤣

Sunshine8888 Thu 17-Oct-19 12:04:07

@skiaddicted I have a feeling mine is a boy! Not sure why, think due to mild sickness and always feeling hungry! I don’t have any children yet so I’d be thrilled with either 😊

Skiaddicted Thu 17-Oct-19 12:16:34

@sunshine8888 what made you go for the harmony test out of interest?
Im happy with either but I've been SO much more sick this time, signed off work for a week so people keep saying its a girl...only 10 more weeks til we know grin

Sunshine8888 Thu 17-Oct-19 12:38:43

@skiaddicted, the harmony test is a lot more accurate than the nhs screening and I’m someone who likes to have as much info as possible, also find the private scans etc much more pleasant experience than nhs who seem understaffed and overworked

Skiaddicted Thu 17-Oct-19 14:48:51

@Sunshine8888 i couldnt agree more with the quality of scans!!! We will definitely go down the harmony route should there be any possible issues flagged, just hadnt considered doing it from the beginning!

Chaosonthehorizon Thu 17-Oct-19 21:20:54

Not sure if this is allowed but I am dipping into May and June groups as this bump may end up being a May baby. ChaoticKate I also had GD last time, have been testing since my positive test and all good so far but only 6 wks. My team seem to just assume that once you have had GD you get it again. Not great but on the other hand I might avoid the actual
GTT!

Skiaddicted Wed 23-Oct-19 11:49:11

Hows everyone getting on? Ive developed a real aversion to meat....as a major carnivore its proving an odd one! @sunshine888 did you get your harmony results yet?

mollysmummy1970 Wed 23-Oct-19 14:15:26

I'm doing OK, finally got my booking app on Monday after mine was cancelled on Monday there. Also got "12week" scan on Monday too even tho it's likely I could almost be 14 weeks! Been a bit of a shambles really!

Thankfully I know all is well as this will be my 4th scan!

Also got put on anti sickness tablets and although it hasn't taken it away it's far more bearable!

Anyway enough about me, how have u been ski?

Sunshine8888 Wed 23-Oct-19 14:18:34

Hi @Skiaddicted, yes I got them yesterday! Low risk for all 3 conditions (1/10,000) and also had my nhs scan last night, all looks good. I also found out we are having a little girl. I’m so happy. 😊

Skiaddicted Wed 23-Oct-19 18:43:44

@mollysmummy1970 oh are you still suffering with sickness? That must be horrid! Maternity care seems a little.....hit and miss depending on where you are in the UK, 14 weeks for your 12 week scan is not ideal!! That seems late for a booking appt too?!

@Sunshine8888 hurraaaay thats awesome news! Ooooh, you can start thinking of names and things, how exciting!!!

Sunshine8888 Wed 23-Oct-19 22:19:31

At what point do we start feeling human again? I’m struggling so much with the tiredness and sick feeling since week 10, it’s really so unpleasant! Especially in the evenings. I’m so happy I’m pregnant but I am finding it really hard atm 🤢

Skiaddicted Thu 24-Oct-19 08:27:08

I think its so different for everyone @sunshine8888, ive stopped feeling sick for the most part now but tiredness last time kicked in for me around 14 weeks. I know by my 20 week scan i felt amazing so somewhere in there i hope grin. Its worth it in the end and soon becomes a distant memory....then the waddling phase starts instead (although i actually felt better as it all went on even to the end)

Caspianberg Thu 24-Oct-19 08:50:05

There seems to be a couple of us now on 30/04/20 due dates.

Now 13 weeks here. Sickness, in general, has disappeared for me. Although I have been flying the last 10 days on and off, and feel quite queasy on each flight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »