Talk

Advanced search

Jan 2020 - Thread 5!!

(964 Posts)
Victoriaaaaaaaa Fri 28-Jun-19 08:15:11

Wow how are we on thread 5 already?!

MrsM18 Sat 27-Jul-19 17:25:33

@Bentley111 bit late, but we have the tutti bambini cozee! Used it with DD in 2017, and will be using it again with this little one - absolutely loved it x

Missmonkeypenny Sat 27-Jul-19 16:39:50

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/3649194-January-2020-thread-six?watched=1

New thread!

FirstTim3Mummy Sat 27-Jul-19 15:31:50

@Kinsters my placenta is also low by cervix I am having bleeding again I'm 16+2
Having some uncomfortable cramping too
Brown blood spotting now the midwife said only to contact if blood fills a pad

Cannyhandleit Sat 27-Jul-19 08:10:18

@Kinsters my placenta was very low at 20 week scan with my last baby and by 34w it had moved out the way enough so there is plenty time!

plipliop Sat 27-Jul-19 06:26:47

@Kinsters fingers crossed! Even if it doesn't, they know about it and will make a plan x

Kinsters Sat 27-Jul-19 02:41:17

Ok just spoke to my Dr again and she said there's time for it to move and in most of her patients it does move. She said to wait and see at 28 weeks and only worry about it then.

Kinsters Sat 27-Jul-19 02:37:39

That dress is so cute Bentley!

Just had our 16 week scan (although actually 17 weeks). Baby is looking good, correct measurements and moving around - she always turns away from the ultrasound though so we couldn't get a good picture.

Bit disappointed to learn that my placenta is totally covering my cervix, been reading about all the complications it can cause for me and the baby 😭 idk how likely it is for it to move up now, hopefully it does. Feel a bit deflated.

megganonion Fri 26-Jul-19 22:54:25

@Missmonkeypenny yes please on the new thread, i have no clue how to make one or id offer x

L00byL0u Fri 26-Jul-19 15:44:53

@SleepingStandingUp thank you. @Victoriaaaaaaaa I have PM'd you.

plipliop Fri 26-Jul-19 15:37:28

Yay! Just found out one of my friends is due on Jan too! Happy days

SleepingStandingUp Fri 26-Jul-19 15:36:49

@Mirana
@L00byl0u
You need to pm @Victoriaaaaaaaa with your email address

Mirana Fri 26-Jul-19 14:00:26

@L00byl0u congrats!! 🤗🤗 I'm sure someone will be along RE the fb group (in the process of joining myself).

@Bentley111 That dress is so cute!! Where did you pick it up from? I'm a writer and coder, I worked in gaming/esports for a long time but now am just freelancing in anything. Being so poorly I've had to take a back seat in a lot of projects so I'm just picking up odd jobs here and there. Luckily I've been in the game over 10 years so reputation is carrying me, although I do feel guilty that I dont think I'm living up to my usual standards at the mo! This website is so great tho, absolutely hilarious to do, a lot of the subject matter I've never been involved in so I'm having to research everything, if I die anytime soon please delete my internet history 😂😂

Did get to watch the Louis Theroux sex party documentary tho. I don't half fancy him. Even when he had massive sideburns.

Missmonkeypenny Fri 26-Jul-19 13:35:30

We’re going to need a new thread very, very soon! This one is going to go POOF! Shall I make one?

L00byL0u Fri 26-Jul-19 10:56:47

I've just had my scan and my due date has ch aged to 25th jan. Can I join the Facebook group Please? X

Cannyhandleit Fri 26-Jul-19 03:11:40

@Camomila I used a stretchy wrap when baby was little, once you get the hang of it it's really easy to get on, AMA wrap on fb has a really good video to show you how to do it. Also have a look on https://www.facebook.com/groups/209783279077720/?ref=share there is lots of sling options out there.

Missmonkeypenny Thu 25-Jul-19 23:16:53

Camomila stretchy ones are your best bet, despite them looking complicated ( I promise they’re not!). I’m also short and skinny, DH is tall and skinny and neither of us could get anything bar a stretchy tight enough. Look at your local sling library to try one out before you buy!

Bentley111 Thu 25-Jul-19 20:35:31

@Soph43 my DM has very kindly bought us the tuttini bambini cozee- terrified to take it out of the box 🙈 but have heard good things about them.

@Mirana I'm so sorry you're feeling rotten still - how far are you now? Lol at your new project!! What do you do???
Love the outfit. I bought our first outfit on Tuesday just before the scan (bought a boy and girl outfit for a pic, am returning the boys). So gorgeous seeing it hung up at home 💕

Mirana Thu 25-Jul-19 19:42:59

Ahh congrats on all the scans!! <3 Beautiful!! Makes feeling rough feel /slightly/ more worth it to see them bouncing around!

I'm still in the death circle of crying/vomiting/sleeping everyday. Sickness wore off slightly last week but back with a vengeance today, although it is 38 degrees where I am and my house is a bit of a heat trap so I'm not surprised - 36 degrees indoors today! Got a new work project in, working on a sex website which is absolutely hilarious considering I feel about as sexy as chlamydia. I've been writing about sex parties the last few days then taking to my bed in a sweaty, vommy mess, oh the glamour!!!

I did get baby's first outfit delivered today. It's the first and only thing I've bought so far, I'm trying to hold off until the 20w scan (slightly scared that it's still really early, and not much storage space here). I am starting to entertain the thought of a baby list though (love a spreadsheet!). Photo of said outfit!!

Camomila Thu 25-Jul-19 18:14:44

I have a snuzpod, the best bit is that you can take the top bit off and use it as a moses basket around the house, otoh the chicco next to me is wider so should last a bit longer.

Does anyone have any sling recommendations, I have the problem of being very short and skinny and I can't get some of them tight enough...the ones that are just a long bit of stretchy fabric look tricky!

McHelenz Thu 25-Jul-19 17:10:32

@Soph43 we have bought the chicco next 2 me dream. Not used but set up and it looks ok! I think they are being reduced in boots baby event next week x

Soph43 Thu 25-Jul-19 16:17:28

CatRash I’m all good now! Full of fluids and on anti sickness! And looking at next to me cribs.. anyone had these before and has one to reccomend? smile

CatRash Wed 24-Jul-19 22:11:23

Hope you're alright @Soph43. This weather is pretty brutal ATM.

Bentley111 Wed 24-Jul-19 18:45:04

Congrats @Victoriaaaaaaaa 💙 still don't see how 1 day made that much difference 🙊

She did do my 16 week appt there and then. Got to listen to the HB - 145 bpm, apparently spot on. Made me well up blush

Soph43 Wed 24-Jul-19 17:59:11

Don’t ignore your body ladies... I thought I had a bug and morning sickness but was severe dehydration so I’m hospital untill it’s cleared up sad did get to hear our little babies heart beat though!! So was a lovely positive on a very yucky afternoon xx

McHelenz Wed 24-Jul-19 17:16:32

@Bentley111 they booked my 16 week for 17 weeks because she said she had more chance of getting the heartbeat. Here's hoping!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »