(964 Posts)
Victoriaaaaaaaa Fri 28-Jun-19 08:15:11

Wow how are we on thread 5 already?!

OP’s posts: |
Bentley111 Fri 28-Jun-19 08:38:12

Thanks for the new thread @Victoriaaaaaaaa

Just checking in -
25, DC1, DD 8th Jan

@MummyBearBoo @Kinsters I think you have to be one of those people that are "susceptible" to hypnotherapy for it to work - some people are, some people aren't. I had it a few years ago for chronic pain relief after an accident - haven't suffered with said pain since (except when it's really cold). I would definitely like to try it for labour!

Missmonkeypenny Fri 28-Jun-19 08:48:50

Thread 5?!? We are a chatty bunch grin

25, DC2, Due 8th Jan 2020 - 12 week scan on Monday!

Interestingly enough, on Hypnobirthing, DH is a medic and came home a few months ago after a placement on a maternity unit where the senior midwife said that they have a hatrid for hypnobirthing as it makes women TOO relaxed and they don’t get to the hospital in a timely fashion/often end up firing the baby out grin

MoominMantra Fri 28-Jun-19 08:50:34

Hi, checking in as well. I've been on work training for 2 weeks. Which wasn't that fun as I developed a nasty UTI halfway through. I never realised that a UTI is nothing like cystitis and is really a nasty thing sad

My due date is 5th Jan. I've decided I'm not having screening because I wouldn't terminate for Downs. I can't imagine a scenario where I would terminate actually. Not that I judge anyone who would - far from it.

I've got such a big bump already 🙈 with dd3 I was tiny at this point. I don't think I even showed in that pregnancy until 24 weeks.

Lovely to see all the cute scan photos on the previous thread 😍

MoominMantra Fri 28-Jun-19 08:52:08

I did hypnobirthing last time I was pregnant and I found that it really did help. So I probably will do it again this time.

SleepingStandingUp Fri 28-Jun-19 09:36:05

Checking in
37, 12 weeks with DC2 AND DC 3, matching set. Due 9th Jan, likely to deliver by 11th Dec

BowiesJumper Fri 28-Jun-19 09:42:33

@MonicaGellerHyphenBing so sorry to hear that. Everything crossed for you. xx

@SleepingStandingUp Wow! Was that a massive shock. I think it's wonderful, but would take me a while to absorb it!!

BowiesJumper Fri 28-Jun-19 09:43:28

Oh yes and check in -

38, 11+1 with DC2 (already have a son who is 3.5), due 15th Jan.
Scan next week!

mynameisMrG Fri 28-Jun-19 09:46:13

Thanks for the new thread @Victoriaaaaaaaa

DC2 due 6/1/20

Woken up with horrible cramps this morning. Hoping it’s just everything moving and stretching a bit (and maybe the pizza I ate at ten last night) rather than anything sinister. It would be nice to relax and actually enjoy pregnancy for once

SleepingStandingUp Fri 28-Jun-19 09:49:14

Hopefully just pizza pumps MrG x

mynameisMrG Fri 28-Jun-19 09:51:41

Here’s hoping!

Cindy61 Fri 28-Jun-19 10:03:33

Hi new thread!

Age 32, EDD 13 Jan. First pregnancy. 12 week scan on 4 July.

11+4 today. Symptoms have been mild, nausea, heartburn and tiredness. The bump starts to show a tiny bit (I'm size 8).

@SleepingStandingUp what a nice surprise!! Love your scan photos. They both look amazing!

Kinsters Fri 28-Jun-19 10:15:26

Oo new thread!

I'm 28, this is DC 1 and I'm due on 1 January 2020 (based on 10 week dating scan). By when I ovulated I'm due 3 January and am 13 weeks today.

Bentley that's so cool hypnotherapy helped with your pain! Dare I suggest trying it for your HG?!

I seem to be susceptible to hypnotherapy so I'm definitely going to give hypnobirthing a go - we found DH's baby book a while ago with all his details, his head was 99th centile 😰😰 so I'll need any help I can get if the baby takes after him in the head department!

megganonion Fri 28-Jun-19 10:37:47

11+6 with dc4... just heading in for my scan eeekkkk where have these nerves come from 🙈 hubby and 3 boys in tow!!
Will post pic soon as im out

MummyBearBoo Fri 28-Jun-19 10:40:14

I'm utterly heartbroken my little boy, again, is too poorly for me to proceed with this pregnancy I will be needed another TFMR - he had to genetic conditions which would make him too poorly!! Not sure yet if I'm strong enough to try again after this my second TFMR -good luck to everyone else xx

Kinsters Fri 28-Jun-19 10:42:21

So so sorry to hear that MummyBear, I can't imagine what you're going through. It's just heartbreaking. Please take care of yourself over the coming weeks and months x

Soph43 Fri 28-Jun-19 10:49:57

Just checking into new thread smile

Oh @MummyBearBoo I can’t even begin to think of what your going through! 😞

SleepingStandingUp Fri 28-Jun-19 10:56:54

Oh @MummyBearBoo i'm so sorry, that's so utterly crap x

BowiesJumper Fri 28-Jun-19 11:16:05

@MummyBearBoo oh I'm so so sorry. Lots of love to you and your OH. How very sad. xx

MonicaGellerHyphenBing Fri 28-Jun-19 11:40:54

I’m pleased to say I will be checking in to this thread! Just had my scan, the baby has a heartbeat and is measuring bang on for my dates. I have a haematoma that they think is causing the bleeding, but they weren’t overly concerned. Hopefully it will slow down and stop so I can stop worrying 😢 just seems so much blood but I know it probably seems more than it is.

Having period-type pains also but hoping that’s just the blood passing through and nothing sinister. The first trimester is actually the pits!

MonicaGellerHyphenBing Fri 28-Jun-19 11:42:16

Oh no @MummyBearBoo I didn’t see your update, so sorry to hear that you must be heartbroken 😞 hope you have plenty of support around you flowers

megganonion Fri 28-Jun-19 11:45:16

@MummyBearBoo im so sorry to hear your news 😥 hope you and oh have the support you need to get through this x

BowiesJumper Fri 28-Jun-19 11:49:51

@MonicaGellerHyphenBing glad all is well!

SleepingStandingUp Fri 28-Jun-19 11:56:43

@MonicaGellerHyphenBing brilliant news

anitagreen Fri 28-Jun-19 12:04:18

@MummyBearBoo so sorry to hear about your baby sadx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in