Talk

Advanced search

September Babies Thread #5 - we're a chatty bunch

(999 Posts)
Stroan Thu 28-Mar-19 15:55:47

Yet another thread for our September babies!

The Google Doc with stats is here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VUDuTLeibUnnaCWCjb-pqUe4Wnq-fTau4HJgmE1XE3c/edit?usp=sharing

This post was edited at OP's request

OP’s posts: |
Karigan195 Thu 28-Mar-19 16:05:11

Place marking for now as got to run out smile

Dipsy77 Thu 28-Mar-19 16:12:34

Third thread already smile

AnnieAR Thu 28-Mar-19 16:16:58

Has anyone else been looking at changing bags, found one I like thankfully as a lot of them are so pricey!!

Megan2018 Thu 28-Mar-19 16:18:45

@Dipsy77 it is thread 5!
We don't shut up smile
Thanks @Stroan

Bunnymummy89 Thu 28-Mar-19 16:27:01

Place marking. Adding onto the bra chat, I bought a cheap two pack of nursing bras from asda. They just come in S,M,L so good if you're still expanding, super comfy and actually really nice quality.

easterbuns1 Thu 28-Mar-19 16:27:43

@AnnieAR there's some backpack style ones on amazon that are reasonably priced that I quite like, failing that I will just get a huge handbag. Had a pink lining one for older two and by the time I'd spent three + years carrying it about I was ready to set fire to the thing.

DustyDoorframes Thu 28-Mar-19 16:43:44

Oooh @Stroan you are spoiling us! Thank you!

April88 Thu 28-Mar-19 16:45:12

@AnnieAR @easterbuns1 I’ve been looking at the backpack ones on amazon too, they seem pretty reasonable!

AnnieAR Thu 28-Mar-19 16:50:52

I'm hoping to get thins one in grey and green!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DPLZ4QH?colid=2P3UZZISJ1Y0I&coliid=I9P8WNGK8HWF3&ref=br_mb_ov_item_detail

The backpack style will deffo be best if we ever take baby out in a carrier/sling without the pram and it doesn't look too girly or handbag-like so my partner would be comfortable using it!

DustyDoorframes Thu 28-Mar-19 17:04:03

We've never had an official changing bag, just used whatever bag was to hand which then became The Bag...

AnnieAR Thu 28-Mar-19 17:22:10

I need to get a new bag anyway, mine is dying a slow death so I figured I may as well look at getting something practical for when baby arrives!

Farmmama Thu 28-Mar-19 17:58:32

Love my backpack changing bag. I spent the first few months solely baby wearing rather than using a pram so it was brilliant to be free handed

Hsunshine Thu 28-Mar-19 18:01:44

I got a petunia pickle bottom boxy backpack, it was more than a tad expensive....

kyles101 Thu 28-Mar-19 18:03:14

I go away for 2 seconds and you've all gone and got a new thread! Chatterboxes 😘

Just got back from midwife appointment, even though our trust doesn't routinely do it at 16 week app my midwife flouts the rules so I got to hear the heartbeat- yay! Luckily she found it within 3 seconds, I think she looked more anxious than I felt until she'd found it! And could hear fidgeting around going on too which was amazing.

I think I've heard others say they felt the 16 week one was a bit of a waste of time, but actually I got loads of info on breastfeeding support groups and also the support that is offered in our area - I mentioned I was looking at paying for private breastfeeding support and she looked horrified and said their team does the same for free, and would come out as many times as I wanted within the first 28 days - it's amazing what some people are told and some not, I'm so pleased I have her.

I'm other news I didn't get round to taking the pram with me car shopping so that's Saturday's task, LOVE the silver lining bees knees changing bag - it shall be mine! And I've spend an horrific amount of money in dotty ps maternity sale - whoopsy!

Thank you for the new thread

Stroan Thu 28-Mar-19 18:17:54

I had a pacapod shoulder bag when DD was a baby - it was great for keeping me organised and worked well hooked on the pram. Not so great when she was mobile or in the sling so I got a Tiba and Marl backpack which I LOVE.

OP’s posts: |
Fortheloveofscience Thu 28-Mar-19 18:25:39

Just tagging in - evening ladies smile

boodles101 Thu 28-Mar-19 18:48:30

AnnieAR that's the one I'm going for. Have seen the same style in all sorts of different colours and it just looks so handy.
I had the silver cross over the shoulder bag for my son and it's just a pain in the arse! I wouldn't recommend an over the shoulder!!

TheCraicDealer Thu 28-Mar-19 18:59:29

Got our harmony test results back today- everything has come back as v v v low risk, hurrah! And also....we're having a girl! I was certain it was a boy because I've had zero sickness, just food aversions and minor nausea.

Now just to convince DH that a pink hood for the pram would not be ridiculous....!

AnnieAR Thu 28-Mar-19 19:10:13

@boodles101 they look so handy right! I love the grey and green one and it should match our teal mothercare orb all terrain which I adore _

AnnieAR Thu 28-Mar-19 19:12:19

@TheCraicDealer don't do it! Go for purple or red if you want something girly, add pink blankets 🤣 which pram are you going for?

TheCraicDealer Thu 28-Mar-19 19:24:45

We're going for a Bugaboo Fox, Annie- we're getting it in all grey melange but wanted to get another bright hood for the summer to change it up- you can't half tell we're first timers can you grin I like pink and grey as a colour combo anyway [looks guilty around bedroom blush]

AnnieAR Thu 28-Mar-19 19:37:25

@TheCraicDearler the amount to learn is so crazy xD
Nice pram but I would avoid the baby pink, the dark pink/red colour is nice and vibrant but won't dirty as quickly 😄 I've never been much of a fan of pink but at least you're only trying to get the hood! The fully pink prams are quite ott in my opinion 😂

Florencenotflo Thu 28-Mar-19 19:37:31

Agree with @boodles101 anything but a shoulder bag. Once Dd was a wriggly 6 month old, carrying her and the bad was a pain in the tits. I like the backpack ones too, much more practical if you're using a sling too.

Megan2018 Thu 28-Mar-19 20:03:59

Got home today to a bag of lovely baby clothes from an old friend that I’ve not seen for ages for lives literally he other side of the country now. Such a lovely surprise! She had a baby girl last Sept so its all weather/age appropriate for Sept born.
Literally the first time in my life I have held a babygrow! So teeny.
DH looked sick with fear......bless him. He is so worried.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in