Talk

Advanced search

Withdrawn from partner

(3 Posts)
Bella245 Wed 19-Dec-18 22:03:46

Hello all,
I am nearly 14 weeks and since week 7/8 I have been withdrawing from my partner. I got diagnosed with antenatal depression and am on Sertraline, but I can't tell if I love him or not!!!
I know some women go off their partners due to pregnancy hormones, but as it's my first pregnancy I worry I have fallen out of love and wonder if we should even be together. It's silly because the pregnancy was planned and welcomed. He is a great guy, i don't know what is wrong with me. I worry about still feeling the same after the baby arrives. I feel very guilty about not being excited about him and I pray it's just the pregnancy. I can just about have sex with him, but cannot connect emotionally. Has anyone had similar experiences? Thank you

OP’s posts: |
Username90 Sat 29-Dec-18 07:56:10

Hey, I felt like this in the first trimester with my husband and think it is all hormones. Everything he did annoyed me and I just wanted to be in a different room to him all the time. It all settled by itself and I now have none of these feelings anymore at 35+2. Try not to make any rash decisions, especially if you had no relationship doubts prior to pregnancy. These hormones are weird!! I hope everything eases for you soon and you can enjoy your pregnancy together. You say about being started on sertraline, have they offered you counselling or anything as well because talking it out with a stranger might make you feel 100 times better too.

Bella245 Sat 29-Dec-18 09:21:29

Thank you Usename90. Its good to know I am not alone. I have seen the secondary mental health team and they all insist that the pregnancy hormones are triggering some past trauma etc. I will have some psychotherapy. Good luck with your approaching birth date!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in