Advanced search

Wanting a big family with c sections

(6 Posts)
biginjapan Tue 23-May-17 18:30:09

I'm due a fourth c-section in December and no one has freaked out about it. There doesn't seem to be anything in my notes about my scars - I assume all is well. I have about 4 friends who have had 4 with no drama and one who has had 5.

SlurplePurple Sat 20-May-17 07:37:51

I've had 3. First elective second emergency and 3rd elective but early due to iugr. In fact my third had stopped growing so was evicted immediately.
The third section took over 2 hours due to scar tissue from the previous 2. I really wouldn't want to risk any more than 3 as I felt the third was scary during surgery and they had to cut through quite a lot of muscle due to the position and amount of scar tissue and this made recovery so much more difficult and painful and with a 3yr old and a 1yr old making it harder I felt awful for a good couple of weeks.
I wasn't warned #4 would be unsafe but I had my tubes cut and clamped during the last section and I'm really glad I did.
I know a woman who has had 5 sections but she agrees that recovery was harder after each one.

Mumoftheark Sat 20-May-17 07:31:09

I know a few people that have had 3. 1 emergency 2 elective. I'm not sure about their scars I'm afraid. I guess it's worth seeing how you are after your 2nd. You may change your mind about having 4 after 2 anyway 😉

Fattycowagain Fri 19-May-17 22:04:59

I know a lady who had 4. I'm not sure on how her scar was, but the doctors were fine with the 4 pregnancies. Only after the 4th did they say not to get pregnant again.

Skipingtonsmooth Fri 19-May-17 19:38:53

I'm in the same position... 37 weeks pregnant with second breech baby. Interested to hear other people's experiences!

Cynicalhousewife Fri 19-May-17 15:00:53

I am having a very difficult time coming to terms with having to have a second c section. I would like to hear stories from other women who had multiple c sections and were told they had thin scars but kept getting pregnant anyway. I have been told my scar is thin and possibly has a dehesidence in one side. I am 37 weeks and am scheduled to have my surgery either next week or the week after depending on what my consultant says. She wanted to do one at 37 but I said no steroids for the baby as I read it can cause developmental disability and the doctor says there is a possibility and some studies do point to this. She said it could be fine to wait. I got pregnant when my son was 10 months old and was told this would be fine. My baby is also full breech and back to back. I want at least 4 children. My husband is upset and disappointed also. We really pushed for me to have a vbac but decided it wasn't safe. I may have to have all c sections in the future and with my scar already thin on one side after the first this concerns me.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in