Talk

Advanced search

How to meet other mums when 2nd baby arrives, no point joining NCT!

(8 Posts)
TheFroglet Fri 19-Sep-14 14:46:55

Any help please! I have one little one who is 3 and i am expecting my 2nd any day now, I didnt join an NCT as I dont need to relearn about birth etc, just wondered if anyone has joined NCT for their 2nd or suggest ways I might meet other mums in the same boat as me?

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 19-Sep-14 14:49:49

How about seeing if your nct runs a local group? Most usually meet up once a week in a cafe, play centre or someone's home.

Is there a children's centre near to you or how about going to local playgroups?

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Fri 19-Sep-14 14:49:59

Could you go along to the NCT's coffee mornings in your area? I am pretty sure that you don't need to be a member to go along, and they will have coffee mornings for people with toddlers, as well as bumps and babes ones.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 21-Sep-14 07:45:23

You don't need to be a member to go to any NCT event, everyone is welcome smile

tiddleypompom Sun 21-Sep-14 07:55:19

NCT was invaluable for me second time around - we had moved away from the area where dc1 was born (and where we attended antenatal classes). I started going to coffee mornings run by the local branch & then volunteered & joined the committee. I didn't renew my membership till very recently & they was only as I took over as chair. I have made a number of good friends - more so through nct than the local play groups, which we also attend.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 21-Sep-14 08:04:32

Thats more or less what I did pompom but never took the chair. Did do a few other roles though. Made lots of friends, especially from the coffee mornings. We moved to DHs home town when dc1 was about 2 and DH is often surprised at how many people I now know smile

dozily Sun 21-Sep-14 08:06:18

I went to nct refresher classes for Dd2 and dc3 and found them really useful as well as being a good way of meeting others in the same position.

LondonSuperTrooper Mon 13-Oct-14 14:01:55

I work full time and do not know many people in my area. I also have a DS who is 7yo.

I am intending to attend the NCT refresher course only because I need to meet other mums! From my previous experience, the coffee morning and toddler groups were a bit of a hit and miss experience for making friends... well it was for me anyway.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in