Talk

Advanced search

Due in July - Part 2

(380 Posts)
Straightforward Mon 09-Jan-06 10:56:55

Well, I was about to post to the normal one and I saw we were about to change to a new thread, so thought I'd start it as noone else had!!

OP’s posts: |
Straightforward Mon 09-Jan-06 11:03:33

It's my nuchal fold scan today too - only I've got much longer than 4 hours to wait - 9 hours and counting!!! I'm soooooooo nervous and can't think of anything else. Think this will be a real turning point for me - I haven't properly 'bought in' to being pg yet - once I've seen everything's ok and have told dd, it will be very 'real'!!

Well, I've posted this msg on the old thread too, as I'm not sure of the way things work.

Straightforward Mon 09-Jan-06 11:04:47

It's my nuchal fold scan today too - only I've got much longer than 4 hours to wait - 9 hours and counting!!! I'm soooooooo nervous and can't think of anything else. Think this will be a real turning point for me - I haven't properly 'bought in' to being pg yet - once I've seen everything's ok and have told dd, it will be very 'real'!!

Well, I've posted this msg on the old thread too, as I'm not sure of the way things work.

spub Mon 09-Jan-06 12:14:26

SF - good luck!
Mine was great in an smuch as it took about 15 minutes to get the little wriggler in the right position so got a lovely long look. My results were also hugely reassuring. Hope same for you.

IamBlossom Mon 09-Jan-06 12:55:21

Congrats Spub, that is marvellous news. Got mine on Friday, i am sure (as I was last time) that i will be informed that mine is the best phantom pregnancy ever........haven't put on any weight yet, nausea gone, boobs same size as before, only thing different is ENORMOUS appetite. mmmmmmmmmmmm foooooodddddddd.......

Good luck Straightforward, I am sure everything will be hunky dory, let us know asap. x

AggiePanther Mon 09-Jan-06 13:22:06

Very reassuring to hear I'm not the only one who worries about being told something bad. Am about to leave for scan in 20mins ...am bursting for a wee!

jersey Mon 09-Jan-06 13:40:43

AG had same prob lst time and the scan was late. This time went and then drank loads of water and was ok.

spub Mon 09-Jan-06 13:42:15

Blossom,
You are so lucky! I am already a heiffer.This despite my appetite not being too much increased and lots of nausea early on!!

jersey Mon 09-Jan-06 13:59:37

Has anyone thought of names yet?????

spub Mon 09-Jan-06 14:07:35

I have but am reluctant to share in case people think they are awful. Everyone else go first!!

jersey Mon 09-Jan-06 14:40:55

I will then. We had these names from last time, but changed the boys name as someone else got in just before us with it, so changed ours.

If boy Daniel, if a girl Grace.

Is everyone finding out the sex at the 21 week scan?

spub Mon 09-Jan-06 14:46:52

Jersey, I really like both of those. Grace was on my list last time around but our dd just "looked like" a Lily when she was born and so that's what she got!
Daniel's nice ,too. I have a friend with boys called Dan and Ben. Nice sturdy, no nonsense kind of names!

jersey Mon 09-Jan-06 15:43:28

Thanks we wanted Daniel first time but someone my hubbie works with got in first so we went with Joseph for DS. Isabelle was our first choice for a girl but my SIL gave that name to one of her twins in Sept. So had a re think, hopefully noone else in our family is going to deliver before me so hope to manage either names this time.

jersey Mon 09-Jan-06 15:44:02

What are yours?

spub Mon 09-Jan-06 15:49:12

Okay, here goes.
Thea for a girl and Theo for a boy.
Wanted something slightly unusual but not too w*nky.....

AggiePanther Mon 09-Jan-06 16:42:06

Well I'm back from the scan..... one baby, a head, two arms, two legs and a heartbeat little blighter was moving all over the place ..and I'd been so worried!! Am so relieved. What's more they've said that I'm 13+1 weeks and not 12+3 so they've brought my edd forward to July 15th

AggiePanther Mon 09-Jan-06 16:43:43

Oh yes names ..we like Alfie for a boy and Lola for a girl..will def have middle names but not sure what they are yet

kayzed Mon 09-Jan-06 16:47:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

agalch Mon 09-Jan-06 16:56:12

Hi Girls

Havn't thought of any names but dp likes Jamie for a boy or a girl so we'll see. We don't get to find out the sex here so mines will be a surprise.

agalch Mon 09-Jan-06 16:57:18

Glad to hear alls well aggie btw. Can't wait for mine now

Straightforward Mon 09-Jan-06 17:35:10

Great news, Aggiepanther! Just been to the loo for the last time before mine at 7.40pm. Really nervous still, but your news is reassuring.

On the names front, I'm feeling really sure this one's a boy and have had Reuben and Jasper in my head for a while, but DH hates both of them. Then again, he really didn't like Emika (dd's name) but melted after he saw what I'd been through to give birth to her (now he really likes it).

AggiePanther Mon 09-Jan-06 18:03:20

Good luck for this evening SF

IamBlossom Mon 09-Jan-06 18:46:05

We have DS Harry Frank already (was tempted to call him Frank Harry but thought it sounded too much like a character synopsis so opted for other way round) For a girl this time, Ruby Sue, and Toby Peter for a boy.

And yes, we will be finding out sex, we did with Harry, makes it much easier to plan. And I never understood the whole "we wanted a surprise" argument - it's a surprise whenever you find out isn't it? We just choose to have our surprise at 20 weeks rather than circa 40.....

IamBlossom Mon 09-Jan-06 18:46:47

oh and SF I really like Reuben and Jaspar.

IamBlossom Mon 09-Jan-06 18:47:10

My first snog was a Reuben....apropos of nothing

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in